BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Skydivesonics bike. We put on a R1 front end ( thanks Chop Shop) and some low rise dirtbike bars. It's a very nice riding positon and it looksdeadly. Other mods were an HID light, heated grips and hidden ignition switch.

She looks deadly with the black bars and black forks with the radial mount calipers.

·
The Wizard
2,743 Posts
Can you talk him into some Pazzo levers, cause the fake CF needs to go...

Other than that, looks pretty cool

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
Nice Bill!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Kewl mods!

Best thing I ever did was have 5thgear install a bar kit on my SV...SO much more comfortable for hours of riding,
it's the shiz :rockon

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
I'm back to stock levers now. Pazzos will be ordered soon !!

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your right some blue / black Pazzo's would be nice. Those levers make any bike feel and look that much better.

·
Registered
146 Posts
does it actually handle and stops better with the r1 front end? what are the advantages with this swap and how much does it cost?

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
It stops freakishly quick now. Gotta love them radial brakes :D Haven't had a proper chance to play with the handling yet. Roads haven't been good enough to test it to the level i was riding at in the summer. It'll be hard to give a direct comparison cos the bars change the feel quite a lot also.

·
Registered
437 Posts
was there a benefit to using the R1 front end vs RR? same bearing sizes in the head tube I imagine but any substancial geometry change? great mods.

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
was there a benefit to using the R1 front end vs RR? same bearing sizes in the head tube I imagine but any substancial geometry change? great mods.

Forks are the same length so it shouldn't be too much different. You do get way more feed back with this set up and more control.

·
Ride Solo
4,219 Posts
What did you use for triples?

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
I dunno, they look awfully wide and out of place with the fairing on there still. Guess I'd have to see it for real.

I don't doubt that the new forks were a big upgrade. From back when I did those suspension clinics the Honda forks were overwhelmingly under sprung. It was impossible to get the bike to the right sag spec unless the rider weighed less than the leathers and helmet they were wearing.

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
The bars were cut down a little so they're not as wide as the pics. They're actually really comfortable to ride with, although cornering position has to be altered slightly ... It's a little different tucking in at high speed as well. Think i've just about got the settings to where i want them - just need some good warm weather to be able to test properly ..

·
n00b
704 Posts
The bars were cut down a little so they're not as wide as the pics. They're actually really comfortable to ride with, although cornering position has to be altered slightly ... It's a little different tucking in at high speed as well. Think i've just about got the settings to where i want them - just need some good warm weather to be able to test properly ..
Do you find the ride to be more comfortable with the upright position? Is corner feel/comfort worse or really just no different? I'm just really curious :)

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
Yeah it's more comfortable (not a whole lot - the bike was comfy anyway). It's great for the commute to work everyday. There's way more feedback in the corners, which takes a bit of getting used to :laughing The true test will be the airport loops when the weather gets a whole lot better

1 - 20 of 20 Posts