BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
African BCSB Rep.
776 Posts
Now that Ive got an enduro (new to this dirt thing too) man Id be up for a noob ride. if for nothing else than to find out where to go! I have NO CLUE, but these links are awesome so far.

Someone get a noob ride organized and im so in.

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
If anybody wants to part with some of their local spots it would be great if you could pm me if you didn't want to post it up here. I'm on the look out for nearby lower mainland spots to hit up that don't require hours of drive time to get to.. the only two spots I have right now are illegal...LOL I guess all spots in N.Van are illegal anyways.. I only know of Ealge mtn right now, after that it's a drive out to chilliwack, and or hope.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
kamloops has some of the best riding you will ever find. we have greenstone mtn,
Agreed on this area as being good, as we have some trials events there, usually the May long weekend. More technical stuff would always be nice.

As with most overnight deals though, it would be great if riders could cool it through the campsite areas, and wait until the hills and trails to pin it...! Someone's young one is going to get run over at a high rate of speed in the campsite.

·
Registered
59 Posts
hi i just got a quad , and i would like to know where there are some good logging roads and maybe a pit.anyone intrested in going riding,i got nothing but spare time for the next week!

N

·
0 Posts
what about ride for us northern folk
there barley ever any event of anything up here but a ton of people always asking about it

·
Registered
45 Posts
if you need a riding buddy hit me up

Hey y'all.

So I'm totally new to dirtriding, and I wanted to get some input from some of you more experienced riders.

What area some good places to go? Why are they good? Is there anything particular someone should know before riding there? How do you get there? (directions) How long is the drive to get there? How long is the ride? etc, etc...

I know some people are secretive about their favourite spots...which is understandable. But for the rest of you, I urge you to post up any knowledge you would be willing to share.

I'm hoping to sticky this thread at the top so we can have a good centralized source for riding information. It was a real headache trying to look through past posts for this stuff.

Thanks guys, it's appreciated. :thumbup

·
Registered
1 Posts
Eagle Mountain

If anybody wants to part with some of their local spots it would be great if you could pm me if you didn't want to post it up here. I'm on the look out for nearby lower mainland spots to hit up that don't require hours of drive time to get to.. the only two spots I have right now are illegal...LOL I guess all spots in N.Van are illegal anyways.. I only know of Ealge mtn right now, after that it's a drive out to chilliwack, and or hope.
Hey, I am interested in heading up to Eagle Mountain, but am not sure what road to take to get there or where to park. I know it is somewhere up past Westwood. Any help would be great.

·
Legal Alien
35 Posts
Useful Free Map Database

Hello Mate

I don't know if this thread is still being viewed much but I've just got back into the Dual-Sport thing. I'm not sure if you're looking for pure dirt bike stuff or whether you're riding there on something like a BMW or KLR, etc.

I'm running a BMW Dakar and so far I've been all over the place around Squamish. I reckon it's great on a fairly heavy bike but maybe a bit tame for a CR or RM, etc. You see shed loads of wildlife so beware of the bears. There is bear crap all over the place at the far ends of the trails and I nearly ran into what must have been Yogi's dad on Canada day, nearly necessitating an emergency underwear change.

Anyway, there's a great free map on the web. You can move it around, zoom into to areas, stick a legend on the side and print the maps off in pdf format along with coordinates, just in case you use GPS.

Here's the link - http://www.tsa.gov.bc.ca/sites_trails/finding/launch_interactive_map.htm

Copy it into your browser and have a mess around with it until you find what you need.

Happy hunting and if anyone wants a bit of company on the trails up there, drop me a pm.

If you go on your own, take a shed load of tools, first aid kit and plenty of water / food. If you get stuck it's a hell of a long way back to civilisation, 49 miles (not km) from the end of Squamish Valley Logging Road!

·
damn broken leg!!!!!!!
1,610 Posts
That's a great link. It doesn't do much for the single track seekers but is very helpful for a logging road adventure. A big bike or a quad would be great for that. One note: beware of oncoming traffic! That's been the cause of many severe crashes. Have fun!

·
damn broken leg!!!!!!!
1,610 Posts
So speaking of riding areas:

All riding areas start from a logging area. But with so many logging areas in BC, how do some turn into trail networks? Is it simply a guy that lives in the area and is a hardcore passionate about the sport? What about when there are multiple areas in the same region? How exactly does said hardcore fellow choose which to start work on?

The visionaries that have created our great riding networks have my ultimate gratitude. My buddy and I spend much of last winter making one trail. It turned out to be a pretty hardcore trail that needed many changes to withstand wear and errosion. My hats off to the guys that do this regularly!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I plan on doing some (limited) forest road exploring on a KLR650. Problem will likely be that everything is snowed in at this time of year, no?

·
yammy!
94 Posts
i just got my yz 250 2 stroke, i live in maple ridge, looking for people to dirt bike with!!

ive been on street for years, im not new to dirt just not a pro. if your down to ride, hit me up!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
For a close by ride I go up Eagle ridge, 20min from PoCo including loading the CR. Go on a Sunday, the Quarry is accessable and easily the best "local" ride.
Take Johnson from Lougheed and don't stop.

·
Banned
2 Posts
You won't. What you can do is check the field a few days (A week would be better.) before you need a pilot. There are always guys/gals hanging around that will fly just to get the time in their book. (Maybe a few bucks.) The problem is you get what you pay for. Most of the pilots with certs are already on retainer, like a lawyer. They won't risk the cash cow for a quick milk run. The good thing is, if you find a good PT pilot, you can try to get him/her on a small retainer with ADVANCE notice. You ain't gonna get them out of bed with small dough. Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know the GKMA has an awesome map of the Duffy lake ( Kamloops) area but I can't find a link to it on their website. They also have a good portion of th etrails up there marked kind of like ski runs ( black diamond etc). It's a great place to ride and teh GKMA runs the campground. Good fishing to boot!!

http://www.gkma.ca/OffRoad/PlacesToRide.asp

·
Boomdeyada!
290 Posts
Hey guys looking for some noobs to ride with pm me if you like I am free usually days only. Been riding dirt for a few months and have been quite a few places so I do know what I'm doing.

Cheers!

21 - 40 of 60 Posts