BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post but I've been lurking for a few months. I'm posting because I'd like to get an idea about interest in parts for motortcyclists.
I'm thinking about selling parts and accesories, the prices will be better than than you could get locally. I can get pretty much anything the local dealers can get including OEM parts.
Example- Arai helmets
Joe Rocket leathers
Pipes-M4, Hindle,etc
Tires- street, race
Wheels

This is a small portion to give you an idea. You will definitely save money here. Most of you already know MAS cycle service he's the guy who did your Dyno day. I am one of his friends/partners.
My goal here is provide an easy reliable way for motorcycle enthusists to attain parts and accesories at a bit more of a discount than you'd get elsewhere.
This is just a "Whose interested query." to see if it would be worth my while to set this up.
I look forward to viewing your responses.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm always intersted in deals!
What wheels are you looking at getting and what kind of prices on the Hindle pipes and Arai helmets can you get?

·
Registered
65 Posts
'If you build it, they will come', I guess that saying doesn't work here... Oh well, sounded good in my head!

Any way! I am always looking for a deal, and I know quite a few guys who are in the market right now as well!

Bring it on!

·
ROAR!!!!!!
1,175 Posts
I'll be interested if the prices are right! I just don't get why we have to pay such high prices for motorcycle parts, accesories and apparels:confused :confused Mean while US gets everything CHEAP???:rolleyes

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've heard bad things about joe rocket. now if you could carry spidi or teknic or spyke, that would be cool.

·
ROAR!!!!!!
1,175 Posts
Alpinestar??

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
it all depends on the $$$ savings....if it's more than a buck or 2 I will definitely come to you....especially for tires and things like ss brake lines, brake pads, etc...usual maintenance stuff....

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Basically as I stated earlier, I will be able to get almost everything the local shops can get. Savings will vary, depends on the circumstances ie: Group orders, individual orders, quantity, availablity may be an issue as well. Discounts will always be less than any one else.(within reason) Figure on about 10-30% savings. I believe in good service with no BS. If I can get it, it's yours. If I can't I'll try. If you find a cheaper price. I'll try to beat it or at least match it. If it's going to be a long back order I'll suggest a suitable alternative.
I've been riding for 17 years and have had to deal with too much BS. I just want to offer a service that will make everyone happy and maybe put a few bucks in my pocket as well.
So the more replies I get the better the possibility I'll push this forward. So post away and let me Know.

·
Slow
271 Posts
If this is your market research for your business case, I'm a little worried. :(

However, I would actually just kind-of assume that your business would do well. Considering the growth in motorcycling that I've seen the past few years (especially the growing number of girl riders) and the fact that most of the people I know are dismayed with the high prices and poor service of our local accessory shops, you'll probably do well. Kindof like a local catalog seller ... you figure out the logistics of getting us the stuff cheap and we buy local to avoid US shipping and other hassles.

I guess my questions would be: what about warranty concerns and defective merchandise. Would you be our contact or would be have to take it up with the manufacturer directly.

I'd be looking for no hassles all around ... the best price in town ... and good service. Ideally you'll also have technical knowledge about the products you sell ....

My thoughts.

·
Jackie Chan's stuntdouble
1,535 Posts
The local accessory shops are only part of the problem. If you are going to be getting goods from the same importers/distributors, then you won't be able to compete with foreign retailers.

I recently tried to order a pair of boots from a local retailer. But the Canadian importer is marking the price up a lot, isn't bringing in all sizes, and won't get them in until December (by which time they will be last-season's model).

I ordered the boots through the Internet and had them in a week. The local retailer did their best, but never really had a chance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts