BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having seen that two obvious spam threads ( fairings and a rice cooker ) as "Recommended For You", it's pretty obvious that the spambots are here. Or does nobody care any more because the forum is dying ?

Reactions: Steve G.

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
The entertainment value is subtle, bot attack possibilities for a lazy Sunday evening. Not sure why this forum has vastly reduced traffic, whether it’s that street Sportbikes in 2022 are a reduced % of bikes on the road, or if millennials prefer to ‘wank’ about their micro problems with bikes on Facebook?

·
+ 39.9 km/h
1,544 Posts
I've heard sportbikes referred to as rice-cookers before... bit of a stretch to allow that post in the general sportbike chat forum, but I guess mods are on holiday.

·
backslider
11,363 Posts
perhaps what with all the new(ish) laws and regulations (ie: mandatory impounds; massive fines; big points increases etc) ... many of the earlier (older) sport-bike affectionadoes have walked away from the sport?

·
Registered
18,914 Posts
The genre of it doesn't help but there's more sportbikes around these days than there was in this forum's heyday.

I think the deal is that most current sportbike owners,grew up around facebook social media and not forums like this.

This forum served as a local gather spot, but it lacks focus to sustain any regular use. The interactivity, rubbish integration on a phone and poor overall maintenance killed it.

I think it's interesting that David mentions it as dying. It's not dying. It's dead. It is finished and long gone, it's got no value to it's owners that I am sure of.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts