BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
v twin
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondered if there is an irish pub in Vancouver,and what the Guiness is like. March 17 i leave the bike in the shead.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Yeah, you gotta go out on St. Patty's for at least one pint! The Blarneystone is pretty cool, I've been there a couple times - it's in Gastown.

Shit when I saw St. Patty's day for some reason I thought it was on Feb.17th and thought "fuck I missed it!"... now I can breathe a sigh of relief and wait a month.

·
glowing ghostie!
3,112 Posts
Dentry's Irish Grill
4450 West 10th (at Sasamat, very close to UBC campus)

I don't know good Guinness from bad Guinness, but I liked the Guinness they had there :D

Don't forget the parade is on the following Sunday along Granville Street downtown.

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
Haha, yeah but if you want to get IN to the Blarney Stone on St. Patty's day - you'll have to show up at like 11:00am. :laughing I haven't been there in a few years now, but that's what it use to be like back in the day.

Although 11:00am shouldn't be a problem if you've got the day off work. But let's face it, if you're looking forward to drinking at 11:00am on a weekday, your employment situation probably isn't too stellar to begin with. :p

But to answer your first question...there are a lot of Irish Pubs (or Irish Pub wannabes) in Vancouver, so you can take your pick. Personally, I love going to those types of places year 'round...because they've always got ME on tap. (HARP Lagar) :D

·
builder of bikes
4,802 Posts
Harps said:
Haha, yeah but if you want to get IN to the Blarney Stone on St. Patty's day - you'll have to show up at like 11:00am. :laughing
Maybe you didn't get in because you aren't very Irish looking...

:coffee j/k

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
Cos, they love me so much the whole drunken lot of 'em got together and named a fuckin beer after me! :drinkbeer

I use to go there all the time though...my friend's dad's band was the house band (Killarney? Are they still the house band?) so I always use to go in with her....but oddly enough, whenever I wasn't there with an Irish girl, I never felt quite as "accepted".

...so you might be on to something. ;)

·
builder of bikes
4,802 Posts
I think we could make you an honourary Irishman due to the amount of beer you've consumed.

I use the term we loosely. I have way more Scot in me than Irish.

·
v twin
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
great to see the irish and none irish giving it wack on paddy's day, it's my wedding anneversary, the wife said i would never forget our anneversary because it's one of the bigest piss-ups of the year. well i havent forgot it yet.

·
Registered
19 Posts
if by "celebrate" you mean: go to a bar and drink copious amounts of green beer, then yes, yes I celebrate St. Patty's day. =P

S

·
0 Posts
there's only a few days a year that let drinking before noon accpetable so best not to waste them- st. patty's, superbowl, christmas eve + day, spring break, weekends, those days you call in "sick", basically anyday is a good day for drinkin.

·
+ 39.9 km/h
1,521 Posts
Any holiday that you're supposed to go drink beer on is worth celebrating. Bimini's had a good St.Patty's celebration last year. This year going to Malone's downtown to listen to a friend sing Irish drinking songs. :drinkbeer

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
I'm Russian. This will be my first year celebrating St. Patricks... I hope those Irish can put up a challenge :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts