BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
be a bit more patient man, it's after midnight, not all 200 members are online....

Well yes, some of us do ride actualyl a lot outside vancouver andthe lower mainland, most of them also are Kawasaki riders like myself....

routes that we ussually do :

Cascades
Anacortes
Lillouet
Tofino
Radium ?
etc....well those excpet the last one I have done.....

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
i think the farthest i went so far was mission and harrison.
but the season just started :)
there are plans to go to the island later, and couple of people went down to california. that far enough? :D

B

·
0 Posts
i've ridden to cali twice, seattle dozens of times and outside vancouver at least once a week...did you have anywhere in particular you wanted us to ride? :confused

human: believe it or not one or two yamis make it outside downtown too:rider :D

Y

·
0 Posts
Sure! Whattayawanna know?

Been all over BC, Alta, Washington, Oregon, and California. I try to make the annual trek to Laguna Seca (don't miss this if you've never been.. it is THE west coast sportbike mecca and will blow your mind... Laguna makes Seattle, Oregon, and Calgary's track look like amature jokes.. haha), in Monterey every year if I can! Vancouver riding is nice, but just the tip of the iceberg! I recommend getting The Destination Highways British Columbia, book for starters if you want to find all the best motorcycle rides in BC. http://www.destinationhighways.com

YSG
:)

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
blazinr6 said:
i've ridden to cali twice, seattle dozens of times and outside vancouver at least once a week...did you have anywhere in particular you wanted us to ride? :confused

human: believe it or not one or two yamis make it outside downtown too:rider :D

:D:D:D I do, the FJR1300 are perfect touring bikes :D:D:D

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Dude, I go EVERYWHERE on my baby. This whole province has seen me on a bike at one point or another, and I 've ridden down to LA and Vegas twice. I'd like to go again this year when and if I go to Laguna Seca for the World Superbike races in July.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dude, I wondered if it was like the VROM group? Either Harrison or Whistler every weekend. Anyone done the Egmont ride on the Sunshine Coast?

D

·
0 Posts
kelowna, chiliwack, mt baker, down the coast of washington st. a bit. planning on a ride to cali very soon. possibly a ride to toronto after that.

Y

·
0 Posts
Sunshine Coast

The Earl's Cove run is a fav of mine, however in the last few years you can't seem to ride 2 corners without seeing a cop. It's a spoiled run now, due to too much popularity, and all the Speed Tax Collectors know to set up their radar early in the morning and between ferry runs now. :(

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
Dirtybill said:
Dude, I wondered if it was like the VROM group? Either Harrison or Whistler every weekend. Anyone done the Egmont ride on the Sunshine Coast?
Yeah Bill, I've done that ride...I think(?). Is that on the ferries, up towards Powell River? Isn't that the sunshine cost? Or am I way off? Whatever...that is a great ride anyway.

·
K1200S
255 Posts
Re: Sunshine Coast

YSG said:
The Earl's Cove run is a fav of mine, however in the last few years you can't seem to ride 2 corners without seeing a cop. It's a spoiled run now, due to too much popularity, and all the Speed Tax Collectors know to set up their radar early in the morning and between ferry runs now. :(
This is a great road. I remember riding it about seven years ago on a early Spring weekday and there was no traffic. I spent the whole day riding back and forth...back and forth. There are so many turns that I'm not sure where radar would be set up. I would probably avoid riding this road on a weekend. I can imagine a train of motorhomes lined up from ferry terminal to ferry terminal.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Apparently someone that looks just like me and has a bike similar to mine was riding in Oregon last Fall.......

But I wouldn't know anything about that. I was too busy going to all the Starbucks in Point Grey to notice anything........ :D

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
BMatthews said:
Apparently someone that looks just like me and has a bike similar to mine was riding in Oregon last Fall.......

But I wouldn't know anything about that. I was too busy going to all the Starbucks in Point Grey to notice anything........ :D
Didn't he dump his bike on some evil gravel patch?;)

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Hu99 said:

Didn't he dump his bike on some evil gravel patch?;)
That's what I heard too..... Poor guy, and he's usually such a good rider too.......... :D

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
LOL!!

I heard, the worst part of it was a bottle of beer was broken in the process:eek :eek :eek

Re: Sunshine Coast. Ya, there are some overzealous cops on that road but in their defense, a guy on Ducati killed himself there a year or 2 ago, so the cops see the need to raise some awareness....or was that revenue?

Mt.Baker is an excellent road if you get up early. South Pass and North Pass roads are neat! Highway 9 to Sedro Woolley and then to South Skagit hiway to hiway 20 is nice.
And if you've never been on hiway 20, you don't know what biking nirvana is!!

I'm constantly surprised at how few bikes (other than Harleys) I see around the Mt Baker area. There's also some cool side roads which deteriorate quickly but are no problem on a dual sport. They've got fantastic views on these sideroads.

Anyone done the Old Hedly Road outside of Princeton? Or that snake of a road from Princeton to Coalmont?

If you have a dualsport you can go the back way from Princeton to Peachland or Summerland. It's a beautiful paved road for part of the way and then turns into gravel. Actually, it's worth just going up as far as the pavement goes and then turning around. You won't know wether to go fast coz of all the twisties or to go slow coz of all the scenery.

I haven't done nearly as much riding as I want to in the Kootenays. Hope to remedy that soon.

btw Bruce. There's the annual "Experimental Aircraft Fly In" coming up in June sometime at Arlington Wa. Trying to get a date for it. Highway 9 will take you all the way there. Or I-5 in a cage.

I think the key for an enjoyable day ride is to leave early. Like 07:00 early. If you've never done this, try it. You'll be pleasantly surprised to see how little traffic is out there and the good time you can have. If I'm solo, I'll leave around 07:00, stop for brekkie around 9 or 10 and be back by 13:00 and kick back the rest of the day and have a nap in the sun.:cool

My deceased best friend and I used to do this all the time. We had some really great rides!!

B

·
0 Posts
Dirtybill said:
hmm, don't I remember you from a VROM ride doing the round-trip Van-Princeton last year?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's because I've ridden that road since the early 80's and it's become nothing more than bumper to bumper frustration with cop cars parked anywhere you can pass. Add that to the people from Vancouver in their SUVs who think it's ok to use your side of the road too and you have a recipe for getting killed.

It seems to me it's the only road the vrom group knows. And the silly part is that after one of their members being killed there last year and with the stepped up speeding enforcement that resulted, they STILL ride there.

Unfortunately, about 10 days before their member was killed, I also predicted it would happen and posted that on their board. I wish I was wrong.
A friend of mine who is a very fast rider, stopped and turned around one night cos he didn't feel safe riding with them. This guy used to race for Honda Canada, so that gives you an idea of where I'm coming from.

I'm sure you know who I'm talking about, so you can verify it with him.

btw, I've posted a similar msg to this previously on their board.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts