BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
I'm a she-male.
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was thinking ... that im gonna get a complaint by the strata bitches for my dinky lil 400. because yes they are that bitchy... and i was thinking of having a bcsb party in which loud obnoxious bikes could come over and we could have a revving contest.

This other guy who lives in my complex with a harley-like bike, they tried to tell him he has to walk his bike into the complex.

If they pull that one on me i'll say 'sure, if you push your car into the complex'

:laughing

·
Pixel Hustler since '88
82 Posts
integra298 said:
So i was thinking ... that im gonna get a complaint by the strata bitches for my dinky lil 400. because yes they are that bitchy... and i was thinking of having a bcsb party in which loud obnoxious bikes could come over and we could have a revving contest.

This other guy who lives in my complex with a harley-like bike, they tried to tell him he has to walk his bike into the complex.

If they pull that one on me i'll say 'sure, if you push your car into the complex'

:laughing
Oh... hell yeah... sounds like fun.. but I'll only show up if the revving contest in held in the lobby/commons area...

·
The Philosopher King
1,345 Posts
I have a 2 stroke as well as a 4 stroke but my 2 stroke always got complaints because it had a race exhaust system and i had to let the bike warm up for almost 10 mins so it would run well...when my nighbours explained they didn't like that at 9 in the morning i told them i didn't like their landscaping crew that starting cutting grass at 730-8 am on sunday

·
Sex Appeal
1,560 Posts
<==== D&D

it is almost like a strait pipe :|

it was loud lol damn it was nice... i was crawling past cops lol

·
I'm a she-male.
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
And after watching the video my friend took of our ride tonite, my bike sounds pretty gay. It is a stock exhaust.... so they're out of their minds to complain about my bike.

Frapps said:
I have a 2 stroke as well as a 4 stroke but my 2 stroke always got complaints because it had a race exhaust system and i had to let the bike warm up for almost 10 mins so it would run well...when my nighbours explained they didn't like that at 9 in the morning i told them i didn't like their landscaping crew that starting cutting grass at 730-8 am on sunday

·
Registered
28 Posts
I used to have problems with my rc. I do push my bike in and out of the garage out of courtesy but only past the door (on the way in and not to my parking spot) and only to the street (when leaving). I got a lot of flack cuz my bike is pretty loud. Several people complained but some actually stood up for me at the annual meeting. Now if they complain i make them appreciate the fact that i push the bike as far as i do (I'll start and go around the block at 1am ish). I dont know how your strata is set up so pushing a bike may not be feasible plus its a fzr400, how loud can it be? Im always up for a party if you need them to appreciate you:devillook .

·
I'm a she-male.
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm NOT loud! And, it's a pretty far push. I'd say, from my garage, to the main gate - getting out to the street, i'd have to go about 40m is my guess. They're just people with no life.

Read my CL post about them towing my car:
http://vancouver.craigslist.org/rnr/156077003.html

This is what i need in my garage:
:band

heheh

cadece02 said:
I used to have problems with my rc. I do push my bike in and out of the garage out of courtesy but only past the door (on the way in and not to my parking spot) and only to the street (when leaving). I got a lot of flack cuz my bike is pretty loud. Several people complained but some actually stood up for me at the annual meeting. Now if they complain i make them appreciate the fact that i push the bike as far as i do (I'll start and go around the block at 1am ish). I dont know how your strata is set up so pushing a bike may not be feasible plus its a fzr400, how loud can it be? Im always up for a party if you need them to appreciate you:devillook .

M

·
0 Posts
Frapps said:
when my nighbours explained they didn't like that at 9 in the morning i told them i didn't like their landscaping crew that starting cutting grass at 730-8 am on sunday
LOL:rockon

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
My friend had an elderly landlady who hated bikes. It didn't matter to her that I have a pretty quiet bike. She put up signs in the underground parking lot banning bikes after I parked mine there when I visited. And then she reported my motorcycle to the police when it was parked on the street in front of the building... requesting them to check if it was stolen. :rolleyes

Aren't these situations supposed to be open to discussion at your strata??

·
Not Hanging Out Here
1,074 Posts
HAHA when I had my old toyota ( I know it's not a bike but it's strata related), I managed to aquire a good god size hole in the muffler and it would resonate at the requency of car alarms when warming up. I would set off 3 alarms pulling out of the garage in the morning! HA bastards!

STICK IT TO THE MAN!!!

·
1,768 Posts
There's a guy in my complex with a Dodge Dakota V8 that probably has a straight through exhaust. Every morning he leaves around 6am and it wakes me up.

When you live in a condo/townhouse/strata you have to be a little bit quiter than if you were to have your own house. But then you could argue that if you don't like the noise, you should move into your own house and out of the strata.......

;D

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I will gladly come over for a party and rev the shit out of my bike too! :evilgrin
Just tell me which house complained the most, and I'll aim the pipe right at their front door! :D

D

·
0 Posts
i think the revving noises should be accompanied by lots of burnt rubbery smelling smoke.

see how they like that!

·
Wait for me, I'm SLOW
1,224 Posts
When is the party anyways ????

If your strata complains about bike noise, just ignore them.

·
What's the speed of dark?
163 Posts
Hey - let's rethink this...
These people obviously have a hate-on for bikes, so let's get a bunch of friends with loud cages (My neighbor with his new 'Stang and straight Borla's and the kid up the road with the Honda Prelude with a freakin' 6" can hanging out the back quickly come to mind...) and have them stomp around your parking lot for a few hours.
After that they'll be so happy about your "quiet" bike, they'll be whistlin' dixie out their assholes...

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I got a loud bike. I am in.

I had the same problem in my building, though my bike is pretty damn loud in the garage. I solved it by giving wine to the condo manager or whatever you call him. If the strata people complain, I just dont hear about it no more.

Bribing people works :)

·
WMRC Past Prez three time
2,580 Posts
I sleep so deep that anything under apocalyptic fails to wake me. The only exception is a Casio travel alarm clock I've had for years. Strange, but true.

The bikes? Mmm...Technigas shod BWS howls nicely. The YSR is plain and simply rude. And Cag.....well.... it's just not right. That's my opinion anyway. Others not so financially and emotionally wed to these bikes might say different.

To those I have affended over the years. Sorry! But we will talk again.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I can think of some parties that you could have that might get your point across even better. Wait till they hear my king kong roar and chest thumping! I'll bring the lube (you'll need it)

If you have a stocker (I mean your muffler, not the dude who sits in the bushes waiting for you to come home) then you have nothing to worry about. If they wanna go so far as to call the cops it'll be cool but if it's aftermarket it's probably not 'street legal' and you could risk getting a disturbing the peace ticket if they want to go so far as to get tha law involved.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts