Votes: 51 56.0%
  • No

Votes: 40 44.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
rain? whats that!
5,834 Posts
Yes, I buy a ticket at least once a year (whether a hospital lottery to support them or a school raffle to support a school activity fund).

·
I'm back
1,947 Posts
Do I ever, to a fault!

·
WMRC Past Prez three time
2,580 Posts
Not really that often. My wife only slightly more so. Harmless fun.

I think lotteries and gambling are a problem for a lot of North Americans (Canada included) and the government is using that to their advantage.....

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
some... mostly when the odds are fairly decent (like tickets limited to 8000 total or less) and the cause is one I'd like to support (like the arts)

·
Magyar ember
431 Posts
My gf and I take turns buying one of those new "Payday" Lottery tickets each week.
A few years back my dad and I bought a shit load of those home/car/vacation lotteries put on by Shell Busy. I think we bought 20 tickets EACH and we were gonna spilt whatever we won. Well....40 tickets bettween the two of us and we never won a god damm thing!:banghead :mad

·
BC Riders.net
1,061 Posts
No !

No, I don't waste my money on lotteries.
I guess I'm a very dull person :laughing, I don't smoke, seldom drink and don't gamble :rockon. I do donate money now and then.

·
ninja machinist
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gov gets enough of my money every two weeks thanks!
No, I don't waste my money on lotteries.
I guess I'm a very dull person , I don't smoke, seldom drink and don't gamble . I do donate money now and then.
Some smart people here :)

·
I'm back
1,947 Posts
Darkcbr said:
Some smart people here :)
It's entertainment for me. I don't drink, smoke or do drugs, it's my only vice really. :devillook

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yes I'm in a pool with the guys I work with. I'm still working so obviously we haven't hit the jackpot yet.:laughing

I've been buying tickets for the home lottery for a couple of years but other than a bbq and watches and little stuff I have'nt won the big one. At least the money goes to a good cause tho. Besides that, the wife and I like to tour the prize home and then dream of winning it. Thats our entertainment.

I'm guessing you don't play DRKCBR?

·
ninja machinist
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lotteries are only successful because of the media. They feed on people's greed. People fall for it because they see the winners in the media.
If one lived for a hundred years and bought a lotto ticket everyday of their lives, they still would not win. How many people do you know who have experienced a shark attack? It's more likely that a person will die from a shark attack than win the "big one." Even a person who lives inland.
No I don't play. :coffee

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ya your right about the odds thats for sure... I've even heard that winning the lottery has worse odds than getting struck by lightening and surviving it.:laughing

But you can't win if you don't play....There's the greed coming out:laughing :laughing

R

·
0 Posts
my cousin and i go in on two lottery tickets whenever the lottery goes above 10 mill.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Im in one with 9 others at work.
We are in for 2 lines each every draw all year.
I think we won $40 or something so far...hahaha

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I've bought five lotto tickets throughout my entire life. The fifth one yesterday! :D

·
Lee RideFar
5,463 Posts
years ago when I was with my ex-gf we picked out some numbers and played them every week for about a year. Then we broke up and I could not stop playing these damn numbers because if they came up and I did not have the ticket that would really suck. I am stuck playing these stupid numbers for the rest of my life.... It is a relatively cheap vice.

Don't be like me a choose numbers. It's a bad idea.

The hospital lottery are pretty good but I have yet to win anything so I will stick with the super 7.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts