BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Why do you Join Group Rides (Choose all that applies)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the begining there was the fear of joining group rides, such as whether or not you are able to keep up or even the fear of dumping your bike in front of your peers.

However since that time I've been with a lot of group rides and have joined a small circle of friends that shares my passion; not a day goes by without at least one Tim horton's hot chocolate :laughing

There are many reasons for riding with a group:
1. safety
2. friendship
3. good times
4. good ride
5. stripping together with female riders at a restaurant when you are soaking wet :rockon

So share your reasons of why or why not you ride in a group...
(poll coming up)

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I'll ride alone if the mood strikes, and it does often these days. My circle of trusted riding friends appears to be shrinking as some drop the hobby, or switch to other types of motorcycles.

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
Hell yes. about 80% of the time. I prefer it, the lawsuit only helped make my mind up. I only ride with close friends and family, oh and other people on the track.

·
100% Asshole
3,406 Posts
I only trust one person when it comes to riding and that person is me I've rode in enough group rides to know that the crash factor goes up exponentially with the amount of said riders involved.......We are lemmings, I heard of a group ride once where 9 riders were all involved in a crash NO THANKS!!

·
Map's upside down again!
48 Posts
Hot chocolate, no question ;)

I rode way more solo/with passenger than I did in groups last year. Mainly due to scheduling than anything else. Some of the best tips I've learned about riding came from people on group rides, and it was always a great time. I'm a slow rider, but no one has ever seemed to mind. If I get left in the dust I just catch up at the destination. Bottom line is, I always get my hot chocolate.

Only time I've had trouble with group rides is when I missed out on the announcement of the destination. Then I end up going solo anyway ;) But that's more my fault for not finding out the critical info (as in, which ice cream palour).

Safe ridin'!

·
myside.yourside.myside
2,095 Posts
the main reasons I ride are solitary. I'm at my best and most serene when I don't have anybody else to consider/worry about/react to. The best riding I've done has been alone for long periods (and then I can ride completely squid, including sandals without offending anyone :) ). Riding alone is the closest I can get to "just being".

Having said that, there is so much camaraderie, laughs, and good stories that come out of rides together that I could never just be one way or the other. Of course, I suppose someone truly enlightened would be in the same state regardless, but ... I must be a young soul and the world too much with me :)

Cory

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Of course, I suppose someone truly enlightened would be in the same state regardless, but ... I must be a young soul and the world too much with me :)

Cory
Holy Crap, your not going to adpot a NINJA Turtle name too are you....:laughing , this weather better change soon I think cabin fever is setting in.

·
Sex Appeal
1,560 Posts
I acutally hate group rides, you have to be a shit load more responsible and watch out for the riders all around you. There is also people so many people at differen't levels so it is hard to gauge how fast to ride.
I usually just stay tail, that way i can control how far eveyone is ahead of me and take the roads as fast as i want once i give it a bit of a gap.
I find everyone clusters up and you have far much more to concern your self about on the ride which makes it more dangerous ... for me at least.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.