BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that most of the riders I see on the street (and even in stunt videos)do NOT wear riding boots. :confused
I learned to ride while wearing my boots so I feel naked without the protection they give me, what do you guys do?
To me, they are as important as a helmet, gloves and a proper jacket!

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I currently ride in running shoes. I've given up the search for proper riding boots (Size 16). I can't wear work boots, the toe won't fit between the peg and shifter..

I'm currently looking into a pair of cowboy boots.. They'll at least offer more protection than what I'm currently wearing.. :eek

Jim.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
As soon as I can afford my SIDI vertibre2 boots.. I'm all over them.

I usually just wear steel toed work boots. Or if I'm just communting and not 'riding riding'.. and it's bad.. but I just wear my vans. ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Bluestone said:
I've noticed that most of the riders I see on the street (and even in stunt videos)do NOT wear riding boots. :confused
I learned to ride while wearing my boots so I feel naked without the protection they give me, what do you guys do?
To me, they are as important as a helmet, gloves and a proper jacket!
boots all the way. When I first started out, I used to wear running shoes.... but I like the feel of the boots instead.... plus, I dont want to exactly want to wear shoes during winter riding, or in the rain :)

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
i usually wear either running shoes or columbia boots but that will change soon cause i'm gonna pick up a pair of vertabra II or maybe even the race vertabra

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
thr1 said:
i usually wear either running shoes or columbia boots but that will change soon cause i'm gonna pick up a pair of vertabra II or maybe even the race vertabra
I'm assuming your referring to the SBN zlicious deal? That's a smokin' deal. Although there is also a waterproof version if you goto www.motonation.com you can check it out. Might be worth it for our liquid sunshine atmosphere. ;)

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
I ride with leather hiking boots, not sure if that is classed as riding boots but they work. I do not have full leathers so it would look kind of silly walking around in jeans and Sidi's.

·
space for sale
501 Posts
I only wear my boots (sidi vert chromo) when I wear my leather pants. I think they look real gay when I wear them with jeans.

If i'm riding with jeans and leather jacket, i'll wear runners since I wont ride very 'hard' when I'm naked like that.

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
No I don't ride with boots. I do plan on purchasing Sidi Verts pretty quick. I do ride with Fila full leather boots though.

atom

·
moving pylon
1,428 Posts
when i ride with a group, i'll wear the boots.
if im by myself, i'll wear the runners. don't wear white runners though cause they get dirty real fast and you'll get a black line across the left foot from shifting.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
I wear Sidi On-Road Sympatec if I'm going on a multi day ride, and StyleMartins for my usual riding. If I'm going out in jeans, I'll wear Doc Marten's. Okay, Okay....maybe runners when I'm down on the White Rock strip posing.:cool

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I will be riding with them when i get my new Alpine stars from Bk this week. I was gonna go for those red white and blue replicas but I dont wanna have the whole captain america thing going on.:spinsmile

Here is a pic of the replica's, the red looks orange in person so i decided to just go with the standard black and blue.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Cheap/simple/practical Skymaster riding boots, got protection and all....13 times world champions....lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts