BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
scenario a: you're riding in town on a nice summer's day, there's light traffic around, but the road infront of you is clear for blocks. You see you're about to pass an extremely attractive member of the opposite sex, and this individual has heard your bike coming, and turns with interest to watch you pass... Do you wheelie?

scenario b: you're riding through a residential school zone. There's no other traffic around. As you pass the schoolyard, some of the children get excited and run to the fence to watch you pass... Do you wheelie?

scenario c: you're cruising around at night. You are in the middle of nowhere. suddenly, in the distance you see a large crowd of "illegal drag racing" teens blocking the road. you slow down as they spread apart to the edges of the road to let you pass...Do you wheelie?

my answer: a,b, & c = YES!

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
haha...I saw the title to the thread, and I was ready to respond with, "No, I don't wheelie, I don't like putting my bike through that sort of abuse."

I used to wheelie occasionally with my old bikes, but not with the new one. That whole abuse thing... but I'm no expert anyways.

Then DNA presents these three situations... :D

I answer yes to A & B, and no to C.

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh yeah, and if you answer "no" to any, give reason why.

B

·
0 Posts
Scenario A : NO, because if i wheelie I'll pass the girls too quickly, ruining any chance of hooking up with them

Scenario B : YES, because i used to be one of those kids

Scenario C : NO, because those are the same jackasses who always try to race me in their mustangs and i couldnt care less about impressing them:thumbup

F

·
0 Posts
Scenario A : Been there, done that, have the $173 ticket to prove it :D. The cop was coming the other way and "only" nailed me for speeding cause he was a rider too.

H

·
0 Posts
blazinr6 said:
Scenario A : NO, because if i wheelie I'll pass the girls too quickly, ruining any chance of hooking up with them

Scenario B : YES, because i used to be one of those kids

Scenario C : NO, because those are the same jackasses who always try to race me in their mustangs and i couldnt care less about impressing them:thumbup

i love that last one...:roflmao

F

·
0 Posts
How about a poll asking when you DONT wheelie? Hey it keeps front tire wear down to a minimum, hehe

·
Registered
787 Posts
i like doing wheelies cuz i like doing them.....it's really fun.
i'll only do it to impress people if they ask me to show them...
either than that, i do it whenever there's no one around.

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
no to all.

I only wheelie in abandoned roads with nobody on it. But now I retired my gixxer from wheelies. No need to abuse my daily ride like that anymore :)

·
'04 R1 - You are mine!
1,697 Posts
a) No, because when I wheelie I can't see anything other then sky

b)No because I can't wheelie under 30 km/h

c)No, because I am sick and tired of being beaten within one inch of my life with tire levers and chains...

I only wheely when overtaking Harley riders...stand up wheely in second gear...(I've had to run a few red lights because I didn't wanna have to answer to the H A's I had just wheelied past...:cool

·
Registered
379 Posts
(a) nope...I'd pull over for a closer look :D
(b) nope...I'm not trying to pick up/impress little kids....that's sick:laughing
(c) nope for this one too. I too don't really care what they think.

I'm a safe rider :angel

·
518 Posts
Re: Impossible!

Grok said:
To avoid wheelying the Husaberg.:laughing
It must be... Thats a cool bike.... I was looking at the one at holeshot in langley.... Brembo brakes and all the good stuff ;)

I wheelie when I feel like it's a good road, and a good length otherwise i'll end up in a ditch....

If you wheelie properly you won't hurt your bike, if you slam it down hard you have a slight chance of knocking the frame out of allignment, but your more likely to brake other things first....

I would be less likely to want to wheelie my bike if I had spent 10000$ like most of you have.... if I bend my frame, i'll just get another one.... ;)

oh, and yes to all three questions...
the third was a reality for us though...

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
Miteorite said:
even if i wanted to, i couldn't :(

and i do want to :p
Sure you can! Katana's love to wheelie. :D (I think this is a '92ish Kat, like yours)

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Harps said:

Sure you can! Katana's love to wheelie. :D (I think this is a '92ish Kat, like yours)

lol, the pic is hosted at amiretarded.com? :eek

heh. he prolly has a buncha upgrades. my kat is stock.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts