BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a carb off a 70 honda c70m , its a kehin and man is it jam packed with said technology . One problem , its ten years before my time and i dont know what the fuck they were thinking. This bad boy has 5 thats right 5 adjustment screws three on the side and two underneath . i have no clue what the stock settings would be for these , i have been monkeying around for the past day and a half with it , and so far nothing. i found a pic of it but nothing in the way of info on stock settings , if anyone remembers these bad boys it would be much appreciated. cheers

·
Rock bottom here I come
1,021 Posts
Can you post a photo showing all of them. In the photo's you have posted I only see two. The first is the spring loaded one which is the throttle stop. This will set the idle rpm. The second one in the same photo is the idle air screw as a basis try turning it in completely then back it out 1.5 turns.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this is the only pic i can find online , if you look to the right of the air mixture screw you can see two brass screw tips poking out , the other two are directly beneath those , you can see one of the passage ways connecting to the visible air mixture screw , those are the ones i am having trouble with

·
Rock bottom here I come
1,021 Posts
I can see the tips of them now. I'm afraid that you have stumped me. I don't know if it's still available but Clymer used to have a manual available for these machines. If you find a dealership that has been around for 30 years they should have a service manual and they *may* let you take a look at it.

I'm not sure that they will be able to help but try giving Alex at the Honda Center in Burnaby a call and ask him if he has this manual and if you can take a quick look at it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its a crazy little carb eh ? i will direct my question to the human microfiche (aka Ty from carter G.I ) my bet is he will laugh at me , call me a stupd kid and tell me exactly what i need to know all in a matter of minutes. but i have to wait till friday. meh. thanks for the input and i'll let you know how it goes. cheers

·
Registered
158 Posts
You'll find that the other two "screws" are in fact the main and pilot jets. They don't adjust, they are just set in the carb body.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well this is what i have heard , however , there is two passageways 3/4 down the thread that can be blocked or partially open pending on the setting of those screws , there are jets in there , but there is also passageways , and the two brass screws on the side also regulate flow. but thanks

·
its closer now
1,858 Posts
this thing has emulsion tubes no? which would contain said jets?

could it also have a low and high speed circuit?

·
its closer now
1,858 Posts
you talking aboutme SSBLADE? cause im not...and carbs are way outta my league

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ssblade said:
i thought you were a journeyman?
werent you riding a lipstick red single sided starbucks racer ?

just thought i would ask as there is some old guys kickin around that may have had one of these. journeyman or not , not asking for advice or help is just plain ignorant. I'm not above asking for help on things like this , and you shouldn't be either joe , thats what keeps lipstick red bikes off the street.
you still working at imperial ?

S

·
0 Posts
HSC said:
werent you riding a lipstick red single sided starbucks racer ?

just thought i would ask as there is some old guys kickin around that may have had one of these. journeyman or not , not asking for advice or help is just plain ignorant. I'm not above asking for help on things like this , and you shouldn't be either joe , thats what keeps lipstick red bikes off the street.
you still working at imperial ?
bwahahahahahaha. yea yea yea. what are you doin workin on that hotrod in the first place?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ssblade said:
bwahahahahahaha. yea yea yea. what are you doin workin on that hotrod in the first place?
lol , to be honest i miss working on bikes and a friend has a mint 1970 honda , the things is dope , still got the factory gold paint . i couldnt say no . hey i meant to ask you , were you friends with Tom Jones , i remember him mentioning a joe that worked at a shop with a red cbr9hundo ?

S

·
0 Posts
HSC said:
lol , to be honest i miss working on bikes and a friend has a mint 1970 honda , the things is dope , still got the factory gold paint . i couldnt say no . hey i meant to ask you , were you friends with Tom Jones , i remember him mentioning a joe that worked at a shop with a red cbr9hundo ?

yea man i didn't know if you knew tom cuz he mentioned you a few times. i didn't see you at the funeral. he was a good guy and shit.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah i was in japan when all that happened , tom was fuckin hillarious , totally a good guy , i wish i had made out to his funeral . did you know him from riding ?

·
v twin
138 Posts
bolt onto bike, flood float chamber,do all screws up, and adjust out, once you get it running just keep fiddling and adjusting. great fun if you have no where to go on the bike. good luck. if all else fails a big hammer always works.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts