BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
DarKness!!
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just being curious...does anyone know the reason why dogs like 2 chase motorcycles? Is there a scientific reason for it or do they think its just another big dog? Ive been chased by dogs many times when i go out riding in the farm lands. Sometimes in residential areas. Im pretty sure some of u had this happen b4. Its something that im really curious about. Anyone got an answer?:confused

·
Registered
155 Posts
Not sure, but I do know that a hard boot usually makes the dog fuck off. Just don't crash your bike trying to kick it.

·
Wait for me, I'm SLOW
1,224 Posts
Maybe it's the noise that motorcycle makes that stimulates dogs. Activates their "I'm going to chase this biker" senses.

I don't know !!!!

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Same reason the stupid things chase cars: they're stupid!

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Dogs have a built in " Sissy meter " .

If your a level 6 or more Sissy which is just above a " Dandy Boy " there Alpha dog switch in there brain flips and they chase you away.

·
Registered
875 Posts
5thgear said:

If your a level 6 or more Sissy which is just above a " Dandy Boy " there Alpha dog switch in there brain flips and they chase you away.
So anyone who shops at 5th Gear is a sissy?

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
If you don't have a bunch of sandwiches in your pockets then we'll have to presume the dogs figure you are a deer (no brown riding gear, or antlers on your helmet?), they're going to chase you down and eat you.

Don't bother trying to kick them, it just makes the chase more fun, and can throw you off balance. If you see them coming, wait and watch. You'll see them lining you up. As soon as the dog starts for where you're going to be, aim the bike for him and speed up. This wrecks his trajectory. Just like a goalie coming out of the crease. Don't take this as a suggestion to run them over.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
5thgear said:

:laughing
Diesels Awesome.

A guy I know has some weird looking dog that would heard cars out of the driveway.. It would just run doing circles around the car as its leaving, lol.

Ryan

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
I had a girlfriend who's dog would only growl at bikers. If you showed up on a bike, the dog would growl at you - anyone else was fine.

·
banned user
6,255 Posts
funny I have the same problem with girls. I find if I accelerate rapidly they give up.

·
100%GOON
1,908 Posts
It's their natural 'prey drive'...same thing as squirells,cats, etc.

·
(newbie)
333 Posts
i think its a combination of the helmet, gear, bike and noise. I dont think they recognize us as humans with the helmet on. Must look like a big scary fast moving alien.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
They may look at it as trying to herd the bike, like they would sheep .... who knows.

Diesel at 5th gear is just a tiny nut; gets very disappointed if you dont turn the bike on.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Spike said:
Yes. It's because their owners are too stupid to put them on a leash.
Precisement!

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Silent Scream said:
So anyone who shops at 5th Gear is a sissy?

He mainly chases all the Harleys next door. Everyone's a Sissy in the eyes of a 12lb terrior. That and he really like the exhaust

·
V Lister
4,277 Posts
dogs chase bikes, and cars because in their minds they are protecting their turf. you show up, the fokkers bark and snap, and you drive away. in their mind they have won, and protected their turf. same goes for the postman, everyday they drop off mail to the dog's place, the dog freaks out, and ''scares'' the mean old postman away. i think the owners of such animals need a swift kick in the balls for not , curbing this behaviour. its dangerous for both riders , and the dogs.:2cents

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
... had this issue on Monday afternoon. Dog was seriously interested in the bike!?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts