BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love our government - lets drop the provincial taxes down that you pay every year and raise the provincial sales tax. No one will notice, ya think?

·
Devil's Advocate
1,765 Posts
If the kind lady that did my taxes is right, I got a $1500 cheque coming.. WOOO

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Mr. Murphy said:
If the kind lady that did my taxes is right, I got a $1500 cheque coming.. WOOO
how'd you get so much back? i'm poor as hell and only got 864 bucks back.... i got friends getting over 2grand back and they work just as much as me and goto school..... grrrrrr.....

·
ignorance + apathy
286 Posts
Canadian_Gixxer said:

how'd you get so much back? i'm poor as hell and only got 864 bucks back.... i got friends getting over 2grand back and they work just as much as me and goto school..... grrrrrr.....
RRSP
Save couple hundreds each month or get a good RRSP loan from you bank (the return would cover the interest)

This year, my leather, forks & suspension mod, trip to Laguna Saca ... are all replying on the refund. :D

·
Premium Member
7,666 Posts
I love taxes...I just look at it as deffered savings every year. I always get something back...being a poor struggling student and all. Got $900 this year, and I was able to buy myself some leathers.

It was sweet, I did it online and got my cheque back in a week and a half.

·
Devil's Advocate
1,765 Posts
Yeah RRSP's come back at you as a tax credit, so you graduate, make more, invest some, get less than some back.. but you aren't really any further ahead since its all locked away in RRSP land, until you retire.. if the gov't still exists after paying all the boomers :p

·
Registered
842 Posts
Mr. Murphy said:
Yeah RRSP's come back at you as a tax credit, so you graduate, make more, invest some, get less than some back.. but you aren't really any further ahead since its all locked away in RRSP land, until you retire.. if the gov't still exists after paying all the boomers :p
The gov't likes to make it look like they're doing you a favour with refunds, when all they're doing is paying back the money they over charged you in the first place.

This is the first year I've owed, due to running out of room in my RSPs. $1400 I owe the bastids!

I've got to open a business for the write offs!!! They've even cracked down on that.

I recently was in the USA and was explaining our taxes to some yanks. They couldn't believe how much tax I was paying.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts