BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this site thanks to a post over at SBN. These are for flexible "static cling" type vinyl covers for your tank. I like this idea much more than bras because once they are down dirt can't get between the paint and the pad and cause scratches. And yet if you do notice some openings around edges then it's easy to peel them off, clean them and stick 'em on again.

Go over HERE and have a look for yourself.

I've already ordered a set online so I'll report on them when they come in.

TTFN

·
Devil's Advocate
1,765 Posts
Yup seen them I think they're the best solution out there personally.

·
:) you'll live longer
1,112 Posts
Does anyone use this product on their bike? I'd like to get on of these, as they sound like a good idea, but would like to hear what some people who have them think of it. Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was cheap enough that I ordered one on the same day as my original post. I'll let you know how it works out.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I ordered it on thursday i think....
came in today...that was fast.....haven't had time to install it yet.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WHAT????

They said something about ignoring the error window. Guess I ignored the wrong window. It's been almost 2 weeks since I thought I ordered mine.

Let us know what you think of it.

·
Registered
787 Posts
seriously?? i ignored it....but did u check your email...they should have sent u a confirmation letter right away that they got the payment

·
Registered
787 Posts
paid $19US including shipping.....
can't wait to try it....
anyone know where i can get a small squeegee?

·
518 Posts
huck-jai said:
If it's to ease the installation... try a bank card..... if you really need a small squeegee try a ski/snowboard shop for some goggle squeegee's... ;)

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
huck-jai said:
paid $19US including shipping.....
can't wait to try it....
Cut down an old food saver lid or rip the wiper blade off your car.... or better yet your neighbour's Boxster........ :D

·
Registered
787 Posts
thanx guys! will prolly install it tomorrow. I'll let u guys know how it went.
hmmm......there's a woody wood pecker racing sticker in the envelope as well...bonus!!! hahaha

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I have rolls of this available if you guys want, I am guessing it comes in sheets for you? and you heat it up etc...if you want it my cost is $10 CDN for 15"X36" or if you want a certain size let me know.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Digi168 said:
I have rolls of this available if you guys want, I am guessing it comes in sheets for you? and you heat it up etc...if you want it my cost is $10 CDN for 15"X36" or if you want a certain size let me know.

Is this the adhesive backed type or the static/surface tension type?

·
Registered
787 Posts
k, gonna install the tank slapper now....as well as my yosh pipe.:D

i'll let u guys know how it went....

·
Registered
787 Posts
ok finally got the thing installed.....about 30 minutes.....
the sides were done real quick....but the top/crotch area was a pain....took me awhile.....looks pretty good actually.....well except the top one...hahaha...some air bubbles.....i didn't have a squeegee so i used Evil-E's idea.....a bank card....worked pretty well.....

can't really tell i have em on...the sides especially.....the top....
well....if u take your time and get rid of all em little air bubbles, then u can't notice it.....

but all in all...it's pretty good.....if it's same as the stuff digi has...i'd suggest u buy it off him...and cut out the shape yourself.....since it's only $10CDN....but he mentioned that u have to heat it up....so i'm not sure if it's the same because this one u don't have to...just water..

and as for my yosh pipe....couldn't get it on.....shitty

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
huck-jai said:
...anyone know where i can get a small squeegee?
Oh, I'm using the squeegee that's on the back of my window cleaner. You must have one kicking around from your second job on that street corner....... :D

Just got my first order in the mail today. Report to follow in a day or so.

·
Devil's Advocate
1,765 Posts
Hey I got mine today also, we should save the backing so digi can cut more :p

1 - 20 of 24 Posts