·
I'm a she-male.
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
GAWD DAMMIT!

So my cousin calls me up and says "Hey, my interim license expires April 14!"

Me: "WHAT?! SHIT! What day is it today?"

Her: "10th"

I guess we have to retake the computer skills test, the msa, and then do the riding test? )=

Also, where can we get some small bikes to practice and take the test on? She doesn't have a bike, and im not gonna do the test on the fzr for sure. Can we go back to Action? How much is it? We took the course last spring in April or May.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I'm confused. Do you both expire on the 14th? Why would her licence expiring mean you have to retake your tests?

If it works the same way as it does for a car, you don't have to retake the skills test.. just go in and renew before it expires. At least that's how it was 4 years ago.. before they changed all N rules.

·
I do all my own stunts
3,295 Posts
Silent Scream said:
I'm confused. Do you both expire on the 14th? Why would her licence expiring mean you have to retake your tests?

If it works the same way as it does for a car, you don't have to retake the skills test.. just go in and renew before it expires. At least that's how it was 4 years ago.. before they changed all N rules.

when your learners expires, you have to retake the tests. this is how it is now, trying to cut down on the number of unlicensed riders/drivers.

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
Why anyone would procrastinate long enough and let their learner's expire is beyond me. Just get the learners, take the test(s) and be done with it.

R

·
0 Posts
if you've been riding for a year..take it on your fzr400...i did my road test on a bulky 750 and it was fine.

·
S2S anyone?
310 Posts
A friend of mine hasn't taken his road test, and its just been a year as well. Don't know why he waited that long. I suggest that you take the test on the bike you've been riding on.

And for my friend, who lurks on this board...you should have gotten you full licence!!!! how look at you! bike in the garage collecting dust! thats so wrong in so many ways!

·
I'm a she-male.
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My cuz n i took our learners/course at the same time. Though it's been a year, I've only been out on my bike maybe 10x. the fzr is toooooo heavy for nice u-turns, everything else is fine.

it's not about waiting, it was about just being too busy to get it done.

R

·
0 Posts
i looked up the 89 fzr400..its 381 pounds dry weight...that's pretty light...
my bike is 540 pounds dry weight and i was fine.....

I'm not that big..I'm 5'10"...it's really up to you but a 380 pound bike seems fine for a roadtest. Head down to teh parking lot near science world and practice turning there. Renting bikes are sooo expensive, you need a huuuge deposit and it'll cost you a hundred dollars at least to rent it..

D

·
0 Posts
integra298 said:
My cuz n i took our learners/course at the same time. Though it's been a year, I've only been out on my bike maybe 10x. the fzr is toooooo heavy for nice u-turns, everything else is fine.

it's not about waiting, it was about just being too busy to get it done.
if you've only been out 10 times, and you think a bike is too heavy to u turn, you probably want to spend some more time learning. maybe it's best you start over again.

any bike is fine for a u turn. counterbalancing and moving your center of gravity will make a 500 lb bike move like it was a feather.

·
The Band-Aid Bike
212 Posts
Call up Action (Langley now I think...) or Pacific Riding School (Surrey) and ask for rates for a few private lessons with one of their instructors for the two of you. I think it's about $50 each lesson or around there. They do mock roadtests too. And you can use their bikes for the road test at an additional cost.

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
Enger said:
Call up Action (Langley now I think...) or Pacific Riding School (Surrey) and ask for rates for a few private lessons with one of their instructors for the two of you. I think it's about $50 each lesson or around there. They do mock roadtests too. And you can use their bikes for the road test at an additional cost.
That is a good idea.

You own a motorcycle and only been out 10 times :confused :eek

·
I'm a she-male.
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
1) I'm a little girl. it's a heavy bike for a new new rider. the fzr is a very aggressive bike, the seat position is very forward and you have to ride it hard. i am scared. my cousin is even smaller than me, and can't even sit this bike with both feet down.

2) I only owned the bike for a few months, throughout winter. and no one ever wants to ride with me because i'm slow and i suck. everyone works in the day and the sun goes down at 4 in winter.

3) Yes i failed the msa once so i'm not a strong rider, and my cousin failed the road test once, hence why we both ended up procrastinating for different reasons.

4) And like my profile says, i work a lot. (no time)

I didn't say i CAN'T do a u-turn. It's just a little wider than i'd like most of the time.

Crass Tengu said:
That is a good idea.

You own a motorcycle and only been out 10 times :confused :eek

·
you only live once
35 Posts
days are getting longer now...weather is getting warmer...time to get some practicing in...newbie group rides anyone?:lurking

·
Juicy
146 Posts
WAIT A MINUTE!!! First off you dont suck! Dont say that! We were all slow once! (not to mention alot of us should actually slow down)

With your lack of confidence, the least of your worries is having your learners expire, in fact I think its a good thing at this point. Lackin confidence as a new rider is perfectly normal, however it sounds like you know the power of a bike and the responsibility that goes along with it!

My biggest suggestion is TAKE A COURSE! Call Action there absolutely great guys! If you can't afford it right now....save up the money..... your life is worth every penny! Book soon with whatever school, just do it soon so you dont miss out on the majority of the season!

·
I'm a she-male.
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Uh .... i took action last year already ....

Dallas636 said:
My biggest suggestion is TAKE A COURSE! Call Action there absolutely great guys! If you can't afford it right now....save up the money..... your life is worth every penny! Book soon with whatever school, just do it soon so you dont miss out on the majority of the season!

·
Juicy
146 Posts
Well if you took a full out course then how and the heck did you not get your licence when they book it for you? :eek Since you were a student like Enger said call them and get some private refresher sessions. Take the test and get on your bike!

integra298 said:
Uh .... i took action last year already ....

1 - 20 of 34 Posts