BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered Rider
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to park here last summer but then I heard a bunch of guys got towed a few times so i stopped and starting parking in front of SHaw towers and west 1 block of shaw on Cordova because they didn't have any meters up. Well the meters are back up and now im forced to go back to the Canada Place crosswalk spots.

So is it safe park there for the time being, i find the tow company's only really hastle the bikes when there are like 4 or 5 parked there on a really sunny day, so i figure i've got a few weeks of freedom left.

Man I miss the good old days in the SUmmer of 04 when we could park on thurlow and Dunsmuir for free without any hastle and there was always parking.

T

·
0 Posts
yesterday there were TONS of bikes and scooters parked around Canada Place mostly on Cordova but even some on Waterfront Road.

There used to be a red CBR that parked there all of the time but haven't seen it for a while. Don't know if it got towed. A co-worker parks at Canada Place once in a while (free 'cause he rides around the parking gate :) ).

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Seems that the hassling has stopped for now, nobody seems to park much directly across from Canada Place but the next block outside the Waterfront hotel is very popular. Excellent cones there, the ones in front of CP gradually disappeared and haven't returned.

·
Slug 87
459 Posts
Let's see ...
Cruise ship season starts in late May.

By mid June, I predict a crackdown like last year.

Bikes in crosswalk spots, don't look cool for our important visitors.
My 2 cents.

·
WMRC Past Prez three time
2,580 Posts
Squint has a spot that he parks for free in around that area...... I steal it every now and then.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
NFG said:
Squint has a spot that he parks for free in around that area...... I steal it every now and then.
Hey, you told me where it is, seems fair that you steal it back every once in a while when the wife lets you use the scoot.

·
2,580 Posts
Free parking is what scooters are all about. I realy don't know how anyone that rides would have a hard time finding a spot to park for free downtown.

Sure it helps if you know a Security Guard or two but with a little common sense and a scouting mission around your work site I'm sure you all could find a spot that costs nothing. Look for a spot that puts your bike out of sight but doesn't block doors/emergency exits. Look to be on private property and get the permission of those that own or control it. Being a nice guy/girl helps when you go looking for your space. A bottle of booze at Xmas will see that spot open to you all year round......hic!

And one last thing. Don't steal a spot. If you always see a bike parked somewhere and you find that spot empty one day don't take it or crowd him out. That rider worked to get that spot don't be "claim jumping" Get your own! I see that happen all the time. A good example would be Canada Place at the cross walk. A single rider parks there all year and there is no problems. Come spring a few other bikes join in. Well now the crowded intersection draws the attention of the "Authorities" and the towing starts.

·
2,580 Posts
Squint said:
Hey, you told me where it is, seems fair that you steal it back every once in a while when the wife lets you use the scoot.
Let's me use is about right........

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have been towed and ticketed all around the Canada Place area. I have heard that they were out towing as recently as 2 weeks ago.

Your choice.

·
Registered Rider
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
canuck said:
I have been towed and ticketed all around the Canada Place area. I have heard that they were out towing as recently as 2 weeks ago.

Your choice.
Thanks for the heads up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts