BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
First time I've seen it. Damn that is messed up, yup definitely keep the knee draggin on the track.

·
Mr. Sophisticata
1,173 Posts
I do the corner at the bottom of 176th like that but their is a stop sign before the merge so I slow down before ..a lot.

·
SuperStyling
3,098 Posts
What the hell? That car didn't even swerve or anything. God damnit, people need to pay more attention to their surroundings! We have the responsiblity to avoid an accident too, even if we are completely not at fault!

I got a question. How did that guy end up losing traction and sliding the bike? Foot peg hit the road? Or leaned over too much?

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
5thgear said:
The swimming upstream video was way more disturbing.
I will be having nightmares about that for a long time. That was some seriously twisted shit.

Did they take a fish count beforehand? How do they know they all came back out? Yuck.

·
Been there, Wrecked that!
2,213 Posts
I have a whole new out look on sushi now :eek

·
I do all my own stunts
3,295 Posts
coolio said:
What the hell? That car didn't even swerve or anything. God damnit, people need to pay more attention to their surroundings! We have the responsiblity to avoid an accident too, even if we are completely not at fault!

I got a question. How did that guy end up losing traction and sliding the bike? Foot peg hit the road? Or leaned over too much?

car swerved left, the wrong way. don't blame the car, you play and get burned out there, it's really hard to blame someone else for it.

The roads are our playground, we're not supposed to come crying to mommy when we scrape our knee so mom can shut it down.

Glad to hear he made it, I've been low on the streets, but never that low. I'm guessing he was on race rubber (crazy lean angle for dot tires), and either lost traction, or bottomed out on the fairings and lifted the front off the ground.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
coolio said:

you gotta be kidding right ? your blaming the CAR ??!! wtf

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
coolio said:

Yes Coolio, let's all start expecting the cars on the outside lane to swerve into a barrier... How about don't be a dumb ass on the road, merging onto a highway. I'm sorry but it's the truth.

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
i don't think coolio's blaming the car but rather simply questioning why the driver wasn't able to avert a collision which from the view of the camera looks avoidable. either way sucks to be him...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
radmtnbkr said:
i don't think coolio's blaming the car but rather simply questioning why the driver wasn't able to avert a collision which from the view of the camera looks avoidable. either way sucks to be him...
Nobody here has ever taken a drink of a pop. Taken a sip of their morning coffee? Didn't like the song that was playing? Sneezed? Yawned? Coughed? Many variables. One variable stays the same. The rider was a dumb ass. I am sorry that he got injured for his actions, but I don't think this was the cars fault by any means.

·
SuperStyling
3,098 Posts
StagnantWaterPo said:
Nobody here has ever taken a drink of a pop. Taken a sip of their morning coffee? Didn't like the song that was playing? Sneezed? Yawned? Coughed? Many variables. One variable stays the same. The rider was a dumb ass. I am sorry that he got injured for his actions, but I don't think this was the cars fault by any means.
Exactly, it was a merging road. Either you slow down for people to merge in or go faster! Not at the same speed. Even better, change lanes!

But from the video the biker didn't even bother to use the merging lane at all. Yes it is totally the bike's fault and his fault for riding too hard. Even thought it is his fault the driver had the responsiblity to avoid the accident too! When the biker merged into the driver's lane, he was ahead of him! Driver had enough time to see that the biker fuked up.

·
???????
908 Posts
coolio said:
Exactly, it was a merging road. Either you slow down for people to merge in or go faster! Not at the same speed. Even better, change lanes!

But from the video the biker didn't even bother to use the merging lane at all. Yes it is totally the bike's fault and his fault for riding too hard. Even thought it is his fault the driver had the responsiblity to avoid the accident too! When the biker merged into the driver's lane, he was ahead of him! Driver had enough time to see that the biker fuked up.
Man put on glasses and take another look!! The reason he didn't use the merge lane was cuz he had already lost it!! The driver of the station wagon prolly didn't see him because the bike was already on the ground!

·
I do all my own stunts
3,295 Posts
coolio said:

This is exactly why no one can fucking merge in this town. You speed up or slow down in the merge lane, and merge left, not the the other way around. I ain't changing my speed so someone can merge, they can see me at a constant speed and adjust acordingly. You change the speed, you're adding an unecpected variable to the driver trying to merge. You are wrong

1 - 20 of 52 Posts