BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sat on a couple of bikes when I did a quick swing by RMS to see if they got any of their new gear in yet.

2002 954RR

Seemed narrower than the 929 for some reason. I've ridden a 929 very briefly, and for some reason it seemed more comfortable.

But what's weird?

I sat on a 2001 996 mono-posto, and while I could feel that it would strain my arms a little more. My ass and my legs fit in PERFECTLY. I mean it's like they designed the seat FOR ME.

Ahh... dreams... :alien

T

·
0 Posts
Guess what! The 954 is narrower through the tank than the 929. Shorter reach to the bars too!

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
That 954RR is a sweet machine. Especially in the blue/white colour scheme. How much they asking for one?

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
The 996 fit you? Man, you must have an odd shaped butt :D

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
those 916/996/998's are sweet bikes.... they fit me perfectly too :) they were not made for tall people though....

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
Canadian_Gixxer said:
those 916/996/998's are sweet bikes.... they fit me perfectly too :) they were not made for tall people though....
fits me well too, i'm only 5'10"

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BMatthews said:
The 996 fit you? Man, you must have an odd shaped butt :D
Ya, I was a little surprised myself. I thought for sure it would feel really weird. But it was just like a glove. I can't wait to actually ride one.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
absolutdm said:

Ya, I was a little surprised myself. I thought for sure it would feel really weird. But it was just like a glove. I can't wait to actually ride one.
You've been talking to those Heroi.....er....Ducati pus.....er.....dea....er......sales people again havn't ya.

And yes Ducati's are a drug. I was just reading in Peter Egan's motorcycle magazine column about how a buddy of his wanted to try his 900SS. After a ride of about 2 hours they get back, he switches off the bike and then looks over at Egan and ask" if you have a bike like this why would you even want anything else?".

I almost got a tear in my eye at that. I'm more sure than ever that there's another Duc in my future one day. But it'll certainly be a 900SS from the old school. I'm thinking a SS FE possibly in the silver like this one

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Or maybe I'll just stick with the red. More identifiable on the road.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not sure if you heard this or not.. but apparently at the Ducati forum @ Daytona, they mentioned that they'll be revamping the 998's to a new style (apparently it looked fugly), and keeping one line looking the same.

They'll also take that 'one line looking the same line', and re-adjust a whole whack of stuff to make it more comfortable for next year... I'm glad Ducati got out of financial trouble a few years back and they really seem to be putting a huge effort into making a Ducati an entire lifestyle ownership type thing.

I certaintly get the same settament from others that I've spoken with that own / have owned Duc's. I also wish they'd bring those damn Aprilia's up here..

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
damn i wish we had those Aprilia's too, i'll be in Portland during the long weekend so i'm going to check them out, the dealers only 5mins from my uncles place

they also carry the MV's at the dealer too

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya, on my roadtrip down to LA, I'll be checkin' out the Aprilia's as well.. I've never seen one in person before..

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
i'd laugh if we both came back with matching Aprilia's or MV's:laughing

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
BMatthews said:
Or maybe I'll just stick with the red. More identifiable on the road.
A friend of mine Denis from vrombc.com just picked up a 750SS in red, it is a nice bike, but I just can't seem to get comfortable on it. My R1 is more comfortable, but I miss my BMW

1 - 14 of 14 Posts