BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
OMFG Must Win At Tag
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just dropped my SV 650

60km/h dropped onto right side after hitting sandy patch on a straight coming over a hill. Bike put down on right side slid along and into right shoulder flopped over on to the left side (no damage to left side accept left mirror).

Bike wont start. Neutral light comes on when the key is turned on.

Any clues?

BTW I'm ok just some road rash on one hip where my pants and jacket parted. Other wise ok

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
which hill were you on? (just so i can avoid it)

(glad to hear you're okay!)

G

·
Poopy on the fall.....check the following first...the kill switch on the throttle for damage, cut off switch for the kick stand or clutch lever switch ...look at the wires and switches for damage....if the bike turns over like its suppose to it most likely has flooded itself so have a jumper battery ready cause you might kill the bike one and start turning it over with the throttle wide open for about 20-40 seconds at a time...if it coughs or sputters continue...if not...check for spark at one of the plugs.....then post up what you have done or what it is not doing...good luck....PS..i own a sv also

·
OMFG Must Win At Tag
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sechelt

which hill were you on? (just so i can avoid it)

(glad to hear you're okay!)
Was riding the red roofs road along the coast up passed sechelt. (sunshine coast)

wonder if i can get the deductable out of the bastards that lef the sand on the road (obviously from a construction site driveway)

·
Registered
274 Posts
a similar case happened to me a while back,,dropped my bike then wont start..,checked everything and its ok but ended up to be a battery problem.....
so ya think its the battery..just boost it with another battery and hope its ok....

good to hear you're ok.....gud luck with the bike..

G

·
you must go to the scene and take photos and then file a police report so they can document the incident...then go to ICBC and file a claim...with all the evidence they can contact the contractors and get them to cover your costs....a few years ago i had a friend fall in a corner when they were digin up a pipe....the good thing was that a cop showed up and did an accident report since the bike was unrideable we needed a tow truck...he had everything fixed first then icbc reimbursed him...if not for the police report he would have been s.o.l. so said the claims adjuster....so go get busy now!!!!

·
The Philosopher King
1,345 Posts
i would say check ur coil very common a sharp impact to knock it lose

·
Registered
670 Posts
tilt sensor??? is it fuel injected??

·
OMFG Must Win At Tag
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
photo's taken.... tones with digi cam high res....
filing report tomorrow at the station as it is closed now...
911 seems like over kill LOL

thanks for the info...

Apparently im not the first motorcyclist to bail there either... same spot says the nurse at the emerge (didn't quit have the guts to scrub out my own road rash

Just finished fixing all my plastics and brackets so i can ride it back home.... took all evening... good thing my dad has a lot of tools... visiting parents up on the coast have to ride home tomorrow.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts