BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a bike that I can use for tarding and dirt riding and for various reasons, (money being a big one) I've narrowed my choices to the drz or a 250 two stroke machine. I'll only be using the tard for F440 or tradex and maybe a track day or two with Troy. So, any advice?

·
Ridin hard n dirty
4,080 Posts
If you can only get one bike it has to be the 400. But then you will need to make up a set of wheels for tardin. If dirt is more your thing then for sure the 250 is the bike and you still can make a set of wheels for that. However i have not seen a lot of 2 strokes set up for tardin. But i do remember a guy that had a 500 honda set up at westwood days and he kicked some ass against the 600's.

·
Just Ride
1,030 Posts
Check out the prices for a set of Motard Rims vs Moto Rims. I think you will find that buying a Motard and getting a second set of dirt rims will be a whole lot more forgiving on your budget.

And Sethro's DRZ could be the perfect deal, cheap (cheaper), Enduro version, Motard ready. Now that I think about it, I have a set of dirt rims that I used for 2 weeks before my DRZe went the way of the Motard. I'm not sure if I want to part with them though.

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
I can get you a Husky TC 450 for $6599 and an extra set of rims for $900. The bike rips it's what I'm going to use next year for a racing motard. DRZ 400 of Darryls is really good though

·
388 Posts
hahahhaha bill can't you read the question "drz400e or cr250r?", NO HUSKY!! lol

i'd be willing to bet my drz will still go'er more maintenance free hours even compared to a brand spankin new 2006 husky. then again you can argue that the husky is faster... so fair enough.

·
Registered
75 Posts
DRZ dirt Wheels

I have some mint Excel Rims with Rotor and Sprocket that I would sell for the right price....
$1000 for the pair with good rubber too

Dont do the 2 stroke...sooner or later you will want to plate it

my two cents

1 - 7 of 7 Posts