BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious whats the range of a full tank of gas? Im curious how long you can go on a tank at highway speeds?

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
www.coraskinner.com

wow so 210km is pretty decent Im very interested in getting a SM soon-ish and I was curious if I could take it on some longer rides. Thanks.

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
wow... I never thought you'd be able to get nearly that much distance out of only a 10L tank.

the 200cc less displacement really has more impact than I figured, I guess.

edit: are there any larger size tanks you can put on one of those?

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
jacofan said:
I think you can get a 15 or 16L tank for them.
The enduro riders typically use these for running far away from gas stations. For a motard I would suggest against it just because it's more weight up high.

Range thanks to the gas supply doesn't enter into this. It's how far your bum can go on that narrow saddle. Trust me, you'll thank the tank size as an excuse to pull in and get a bit of a break on longer rides. Motards just are not long ride friendly vehicles..... unless there's a great set of twisties at the end of the drone....

A couple of my enduro and motard riding buddies and I have been talking about a new form of motorcycle touring. Take the truck with two 'tards loaded up and go somewhere that is in the middle of a spider web of good back roads. Camp out for a few days and do shorter day or 1/2 day rides. Then pack up like some Bedouin tribe and scuttle off to a new location. There's a lot to be said for this.

·
Registered
819 Posts
After much exhaustive research I have to say I really do think her boobs are crooked. Left (hers) is higher than the right.

·
Posing with conviction
5,396 Posts
Rooster said:
After much exhaustive research I have to say I really do think her boobs are crooked. Left (hers) is higher than the right.
This has been driving me nuts. I noticed this as soon as Jay started using this avatar. If you look at the higher rez image you will note that one of her shoulders is hanging low.

You will note in the image below I have dropped in lines to indicate a paralell line of reference between the plane of her shoulders and that of her tatas.

It does appear her breasts are not crooked but she suffers from poor posture. Shame really.

·
Slideways
2,937 Posts
One Guy on thumper talk did a 4500klm trip with his DRZ had a small bit of sheep skin on the seat and this custom made wind braker mounded on the bars .
When I had my DRZ
I did the loop up to pemberton and turned right at the powerlines and took the dirt road past the hot springs and right into harrison .Strapped on a 2gal can of gas and filld up at the last station in pemberton and made it all the way back to Van .... great ride ..

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
CSI vancouver here or what? You guys are killing me with the mythbuster approach your taking on Coras breasts. HAHAHA Believe me shes fine..... very fine IMO.

Thx Kev for your input/advice/story but I doubt I'd ride the loop on a motard but I was curious for trips to seattle or whistler etc.

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
WILD FX said:
One Guy on thumper talk did a 4500klm trip with his DRZ had a small bit of sheep skin on the seat and this custom made wind braker mounded on the bars .
J's a big boy. He may need to strap an entire sheep on there. :devillook

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Just picked up the new SMR 610 HUsky , a guy your size J should seriously look at one of these over the DRZ there the same price. I love this bike it looks killer , runs smooth as silk and can handle long distance trips.

·
Posing with conviction
5,396 Posts
When I was getting a custom seat done up at Rich's in Seattle there was a guy there with a KTM getting a "long distance" riding seat made. They added some width to the seat around where his ass lay on the seat, put a nice leather cover over it. Looked pretty nice. I'm sure it would work on pretty much on tard or dirt bike you wanted to use for dual-purpose riding.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Bill I'll swing by this week, Im going to test ride a used DRZ on tuesday.

Im mostly going to use the SM for city riding/short trips like it was designed for but I thought I'd see what kind of range you can get out of them.

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
If your worried about the seat being unconfortable we can get you a $12 "seat puller out of ass shovel" at Canadian tire.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I aint worried about the seat at all I dont know how this got switched to the seat I was just curious about tank ranges.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
PUREVIL said:
I aint worried about the seat at all I dont know how this got switched to the seat I was just curious about tank ranges.
/me raises hand

I think that was me when I mentioned the "S" word and a few folks ran with it. Personally I think Bill just has this thing about butt cracks and shovels and jumped on the bandwagon at the first opportunity.... :D

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
waves $20 to see it happen

·
User And Abuser
3,912 Posts
PUREVIL said:
I thought you were gettin a dirtbike J? or is this just another bike yer addin to the stable

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Honestly Im a lil torn.... Living here in BC I would get more use out of a SM cuz I could commute, ride around the city, etc. But I have to insure it which sucks cuz my insurance is going up cuz of my stupid cold tire incident in feb. But I guess the DRZ will be a cheaper bracket so it can take the hit. But I do want a dirtbike, the problem with a dirtbike is I have to pack my gear, load it up, tow it, unload it, put gear on, ride, then repack the gear, reload the bike, retow it, all to do it again when I get home. Whereas if I bought a dirtbike back in the states I just get up put gear on and ride it from my parents place they live outside the city. Its a tough call. Ideally I want both LOL

1 - 20 of 26 Posts