BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be in Squamish overnite Saturday Oct 13, and the weather is as perfect as it gets in October, so I plan to hit the Duffey on Sunday as a season finale. It's really cold overnite up there and only warms slowly in the morning, so I was thinking to leave Squamish at 11am to give the pass time to get to rideable temps. At that, it'll only be maybe 4C, so warm gear will be a necessity. Meet at the Tim Horton's off Garibaldi Way at 10:45. Just Lillooet and back, so home to Vancouver about 6pm.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
well, it isn't Nor Cal, for sure ( I envy those boys), but the Duffey provided a remarkable season finale yesterday. scraped ice off the seat when I fired up at 9 am in Squamish to meet a friend for breakfast (Mountain Burger House, of course). buddied up with Johnny and James at Timmies at 11. about 12:30 discovered that the entire Pemberton valley was without power 8am- 4pm - like, no nothing! not even portable generators at gas stations. come on BC Hydro, you can do better than that! had a fortuitous meeting with a fella named Jim, who could part with a couple litres to top up Johnny's R6. nice quick run thru the Duffey, in brilliant autumn colours. plenty slow thru the shady section along the lake - there was lotsa frost in the ditches, and the pavement was not dry... otherwise, howlin'!!! late lunch at Reynold's. fast as you please down 12 to Lytton. (omg that's good now!) quick thru the Canyon too - the enforcement was in the towns, and I'm totally fine with that. sun in the eyes in the valley, which a hot choc break at Timmies in Rosedale took care of. and the typical traffic-mash from about Mt Lehman to 200th. home just before 7. just over 600 kms on the odo. sigh... I don't welcome the monsoons, but I can at least accept them now...

V\IMG_2396 (2) by Don Serl, on Flickr

IMG_2397 (2) by Don Serl, on Flickr

IMG_2399 (2) by Don Serl, on Flickr

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you boys in California keep those stokes coming man! I'm so busted up I can't be there...

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
Got a pic of the boys at Thunderhill yesterday. Their fun has begun. We'll be meeting up with them in Weed in a few days. I didn't get the Duff in once this season. Gonna have to see how the weather is when we get back.

·
Beer League Racer/Asshole
5,206 Posts
I also ran the Duff one last time on Sunday too Don! I think we passed you guys going the other way. We started in the canyon and worked our way through to Pemberton. I was surprised at how warm it actually was near the snowshed at the top of 99.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^^^ nice! counterclockwise makes better sense this time of year - later = warmer on the pass.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts