BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
More than meets the eye
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks, I am a victim of the looks good out let's go for a rip and then proceed to dump it syndrome...

On Tuesday I wiped out in Surrey around 116/King rd area.

Layed the bike down, flew off the bike.

Gouged the LH fairing, broke the front fender, and screwed up my steering.

As for me I came away pretty good, I am mostly intact since I took the brunt of the fall on my right shoulder. Today is the first day I can grab my wallet out of my back pocket....

It's not the first time I have wiped out, just the first time in a long time.

Beware of silt/light sand still on roads....

Anyways I managed to limp the bike back to work, and then limp it down to Borderline for some much needed fixing.

Piss me off, but all I can do about it now is laugh

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Damn Tony. Glad to hear you're alright.

·
More than meets the eye
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Sloan said:
Rider error? More beta for others to learn from one's mistake.
Oh yeah total rider error, I can admit it.

Not looking ahead far enough to road conditions, running cocky like I had been riding all season, and not trusting my bike to get me out of the situation.

My last few crashes (track and street) I have normally been able to give a play by play, this one happened so fast it is more of a blur.

On the upside... I am getting custom paint!

From Jeckyll on another post

If you're going to ride this early you have to adjust your riding. Ride at < 70 % of your summer riding. Which of course is hard because we've all been chomping at the bit to get out there.

Remember folks, your tires are cold, the roads have more sand and gravel and your skills & reflexes are probably rusty.

Be safe out there folks.

If only I had remembered that earlier (usually I do)

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
Glad to hear you're OK Tony, bikes are easy to fix compared to flesh/bones.

Let's get out again this year, when it's nice and toasty.

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Damn you too huh? HAHAHA Well live and learn right? Get well.

·
V Lister
4,277 Posts
wow i spend a day away from bcsb, and all mayhem breaks loose. glad yer ok Tony, thats the important part. i hope you did not get a ticket fer obstructing traffic:devillook

·
Poser Emeritus
2,731 Posts
Tony, I am glad you are ok.

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
Well Dangit, Tony :( Sorry to hear about yer spill. I too am really glad you could walk away relatively unscathed. I'll spare ya the 'bikes can be fixed' sentiments; ya already know all that stuff. But may I recommend additional equipment for your repair list? ...mmmm, training wheels? :D

A friend of mine has a saying that I believe best explains such predicaments while 'saving face' ;) :

"It wasn't a mistake. It was a misadventure." ;)

'Nuff said. Get well soon.
:drinkbeer

·
Unregistered User
2,769 Posts
Thanks for sharing.

I'll be insuring in a few weeks time, and do not mind these reminders at all. Both you and J have the same message for the rest of us, which although patently obvious, just goes to show we can't hear it enough no matter how skilled, experienced, tall or cross-eyed we think we are. Can happen to anyone anytime in the split second we stop thinking.

Glad you're alright.

T

·
0 Posts
:rockon Sorry to hear it Tony I feel for you but, I'll try and keep this lighthearted....Welcome to the club now man.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Glad you're okay, Tony.
Don't worry, the Can-o-Tuna will be back in fighting form in no time. :D

·
Born to be WILD
2,495 Posts
Glad you're OK.

So...how much is all that damage going to cost you?

·
More than meets the eye
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BLADERUNNER 954 said:
wow i spend a day away from bcsb, and all mayhem breaks loose. glad yer ok Tony, thats the important part. i hope you did not get a ticket fer obstructing traffic:devillook
BWAHAHAHA no kidding....

Final damage estimate still waiting, not too much I am hoping.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes

1 - 19 of 19 Posts