BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
I’m kind of surprised that SteveG hasn’t piped up with his views on things.

LOLOL.
Regarding the original entry on this thread, I agree. My thoughts, seeing as you've been sitting on the edge of your seat.........
This Chinese virus is of course a very worrying ailment. Everyone knows the signs, the risk groups, the general %'s outcomes. I consider myself within a risk category, and have considered myself in a risk category for 20 years. Germaphobe? Perhaps. I've gone so far, 7 yrs ago, as to ask my employer to take the door bolts out of doors, so entering a room within my workplace so a shoulder or foot can be used to open, at least 1 way. I demanded my own door fob to operate all overhead doors so as to avoid shared button pressing. I've not been to a concert, or hockey game in 10 years. Movie theatres rare, and only the wide distance theatres where you've got your own armrests. Strategic yet subtle upwind placement when around persons I deem to be unhealthy acting or looking. Paper towels when grabbing the gasoline pumps handles. So as such, I've not changed my usual ways too much during this shit show.

Financially, we are entering into a time, that could easily be considered a depression. The financial state of the 1st world has been held up by toothpicks for 15 years anyways, this just brings it to a head hard and fast. Depending on how long the financial shut down lasts, will mean either a 2-3 year recession or a 10 dear depression. Small businesses will disappear. Commercial building owners will have vacancy signs outside for a long time. Those with gold plated defined benefit pensions will have a glorious time. Those without that just realized another 3-5 years to their work careers. For the 1st time in my 40+ years working, I've been laid off, along with 75% of every employee where I work. I still consider myself lucky, for prudent planning decades ago, buying gold bullion and putting it away in a bank vault for just this occurrence. Not buying the latest greatest motorbike every spring, I still have the same bike I bought new in 1990.

This situation could very well change human habits, at least for the short term. High population centres, and cultural practices known for physical embrace, may become out of favour for a while. Stoic human interaction, such as the Japanese, has proven so far to be a prudent habit. Joyous group interactions and religious practices i've found in my 3 visits riding in Italy have proven to be perfect for transmission of an airbourne and touch interaction placement virus.

·
Registered
8,765 Posts
Digby my man dont be waiting for borders to open you have world class riding 15 minutes from your house! You just need a set of knobby tires its been hair straight back for weeks on the trails.
hahaha, true that.. :D

I still have the same bike I bought new in 1990.
wow, you do know you dont have to treat 'em like underwear.. ;)

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
wow, you do know you dont have to treat 'em like underwear.. ;)
[/QUOTE]

LOLOL, well, unlike Sylvester Stallone, I don't put a new pair of underwear on every day. When something works, you keep it. 30 years later, the $325 yearly multi collector plate, for 6 bikes, seems logical and frugal.

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,812 Posts
Steve G said:
This Chinese virus
It's now to be referred to as the "Trump Virus" , as the US 'response' to this is how it will be remembered in the history books. The very definition of 'predictably epic fail'.

Reactions: bacchus40

·
Registered
8,765 Posts
It's now to be referred to as the "Trump Virus" , as the US 'response' to this is how it will be remembered in the history books. The very definition of 'predictably epic fail'.
for shits and giggles i went down the conspiracy rabbit hole, its pretty fvcking hilarious to see
how far China, its minions are going to trying to convince the world the virus actually came
from the USA. The US army spread it while in Wuhan for the World Military Games in October.

hahahaha, sounds legit.. ;)

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
for shits and giggles i went down the conspiracy rabbit hole, its pretty fvcking hilarious to see
how far China, its minions are going to trying to convince the world the virus actually came
from the USA. The US army spread it while in Wuhan for the World Military Games in October.

hahahaha, sounds legit.. ;)
The counter would be that its actually the US starting and spreading that propaganda as a way of distraction from their own failures.

·
Registered
8,765 Posts
The counter would be that its actually the US starting and spreading that propaganda as a way of distraction from their own failures.
oh, no doubt.. the spin doctors are busy. This is what i notice most of my american friends
always miss. The US is just as terrible with propaganda. You know, Trump will save us.. ;)

one thing thats pretty obvious is how the 'crowds' have systematically drawn conspiracy theories regarding most of the news networks, so now nobody believes the written word. Unless it actually affects them directly, and i mean in an ICU bed with a ventilator keeping them alive, they'll just continue to ignore the medical facts. Death toll doesnt mean a thing to most of 'em, as long as the stupid stock market does well enough.

Its very easy to mislead, misinform and otherwise confuse / piss 'em all off to the point they just dont care what happens either way. Trump is now calling himself a 'war-time president'.. Fvcking joke.

·
Registered
6,199 Posts

LOLOLOL. Completely predictable that a left wing anarchist would love to accept this, or at the very least run with it to try to press buttons. "US Army starts infection in distant Chinese city". Perfect.
It came from China. You know this. If it's a "racist" term, then I guess "Chinese food" is racist as well.
Try harder.

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,812 Posts
Steve, you should REALLY need to work on your reading comprehension. It seems to be alarmingly low.

Reactions: bacchus40

·
Registered
8,765 Posts
If it's a "racist" term, then I guess "Chinese food" is racist as well.
I dont think that's what DNA was after, at least not agreeing with it but more Trumps blunder
over the whole thing would be what the history books remember. And to a very clear sense
he's right. People are already forgetting where the virus started, even with the science, even
with the count of patients who all were linked directly to the very wet-market that was closed in
Late December. Yes we all know it "the virus" originated in China, Chinese scientists are the
ones that gave it the name covid-19. It started in late November, 2019.

But as you say, if you mention this to anybody, they will rip you a new one n' swear you're being racist.

personally, i agree with this picture. Trump knew what was going on.

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
I dont think that's what DNA was after, at least not agreeing with it but more Trumps blunder
over the whole thing would be what the history books remember. And to a very clear sense
he's right. People are already forgetting where the virus started, even with the science, even
with the count of patients who all were linked directly to the very wet-market that was closed in
Late December. Yes we all know it "the virus" originated in China, Chinese scientists are the
ones that gave it the name covid-19. It started in late November, 2019.

But as you say, if you mention this to anybody, they will rip you a new one n' swear you're being racist.

personally, i agree with this picture. Trump knew what was going on.

View attachment 145950

I know where DNA is going. He's trying to press buttons, while reveling as an anarchist in the first leg in the dismantling of the western world.
Clearly, this virus, however you stand on it's origin, will cause way more disruption in countries like Canada. Community change. Social change. Mass gatherings will be less until the financial hurt fades from memory. I would not want to be an owner or investor in concerts, circus, sports venues, etc.
I had a mind to go and buy some physical gold or silver yesterday. They are sold out until September. Pay full price now, wait. I've never seen this. Ever.

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,812 Posts
bacchus40 said:
over the whole thing would be what the history books remember.
teacher, get this kid a gold star and a lollipop ~

Steve G. said:
I know where DNA is going. He's trying to press buttons, while reveling as an anarchist in the first leg in the dismantling of the western world.
Means a lot coming from Steve G, the Canadian Trump supporter, science denier, flat earther, conservative apologist, and convicted turd burglar. Cheap words are fun, mmm?
I thought I mentioned, I'm only an anarchist on Tuesdays... so no gold star for you

·
Been there, Wrecked that!
2,210 Posts

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
teacher, get this kid a gold star and a lollipop ~

Means a lot coming from Steve G, the Canadian Trump supporter, science denier, flat earther, conservative apologist, and convicted turd burglar. Cheap words are fun, mmm?
I thought I mentioned, I'm only an anarchist on Tuesdays... so no gold star for you

Grin,,,,,.

Anarchist one day a week, means a hypocrite 7 days a week. you live a burdened life I'm sure.
Anyways, i'm going for a motorcycle ride. Of course I shall get the current social shame riding a bike, irresponsible. Ignore the smokers and vapers who are causing burden to their oxygen intake.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Clearly, this virus, however you stand on it's origin, will cause way more disruption in countries like Canada. Community change. Social change. Mass gatherings will be less until the financial hurt fades from memory. I would not want to be an owner or investor in concerts, circus, sports venues, etc.
I had a mind to go and buy some physical gold or silver yesterday. They are sold out until September. Pay full price now, wait. I've never seen this. Ever.
Dont give up on the west quite yet Steve. When push comes to shove the real ugly people will wake up. This year started with a pop the bang is on the way. Hang on and ride it out:cool:

61 - 80 of 88 Posts