1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Fuelled by rice
4,468 Posts
they are both stores from the looks of it. I bought a couple of hemets from ebay stores and they were really good deals. I also bought a nice jacket from www.newenough.com

·
Super Moderator
23,556 Posts
they are both stores from the looks of it. I bought a couple of hemets from ebay stores and they were really good deals. I also bought a nice jacket from www.newenough.com
+1

If you can get what you want from newenough, they are first class to deal with, and typically very competitive.

·
license to chill
2,877 Posts
First one is a dealer.
Second one is a brand sold by Tucker Rocky, a large competitor to Parts Unlimited. River Road makes touring apparel, decent and at an accessible price point if I remember correctly.

My suggestion is to shop and buy locally until you have a feel for how at least one brand each of boot, helmet, jacket, gloves and pants fits.

·
Purist
259 Posts
I got my Joe Rocket Sonic 2.0 from eBay. It cost me $275 CDN shipped to my door. The best price I could find anywhere was at the Motorcycle Show and they wanted $325 before tax.

·
Wanderer of the Wastes
6,846 Posts
I got a sweet Icon jacket for $150 off ebay. It said 'brand new in packaging', but I'm not so sure about it now.
It came with pockets full of shrimp. ??

·
Registered
189 Posts
Care to list a few shops for the "Shop Local" suggestion. I am looking for leathers to start heading out to track days but from Chilliwack to Langley the selection is slim (and that is me being generous). They mostly stock touring gear.

I don't mind heading into Van or Richmond if I can find gear but a few shop names whould be helpful.

·
Super Moderator
23,556 Posts
Care to list a few shops for the "Shop Local" suggestion. I am looking for leathers to start heading out to track days but from Chilliwack to Langley the selection is slim (and that is me being generous). They mostly stock touring gear.

I don't mind heading into Van or Richmond if I can find gear but a few shop names whould be helpful.
Burnaby Kawi has their BK brand leather pants on sale for $189 quite a bit.

Rubber Side Down
has relatively nice leather pants for $219, they're in E Rmd.

Tap Moto does custom suits for around $600

Imperial had Joe Rocket Blaster 2.0 leather pants on sale for $305 last week

·
Registered
189 Posts
Burnaby Kawi has their BK brand leather pants on sale for $189 quite a bit.

Rubber Side Down
has relatively nice leather pants for $219, they're in E Rmd.

Tap Moto does custom suits for around $600

Imperial had Joe Rocket Blaster 2.0 leather pants on sale for $305 last week

Thanks Chia. Yup Burnaby Kawi had BK brand pants on for 189. They also had 2 piece suits onsale for 399. The pucks are extra.

·
California dreamin'
2,440 Posts
Also, check out used leathers on this site or other sites like Craigslist. I've bought and sold a couple of items that way.

I hear you about the lack of selection at most dealers. It is a very real problem.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i picked up burnaby kawasaki's BK branded suit. It fits really well and looks alright. Has anyone had any crash experience with it on?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts