BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
Just use the GPS on your phone. You can wire it to power on the bike or use a powerbank. Then just pick somenthing like Waze. For offoad I use an app called "Outdoor Navigation".

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just use the GPS on your phone. You can wire it to power on the bike or use a powerbank. Then just pick somenthing like Waze. For offoad I use an app called "Outdoor Navigation".

That would work too, what kind of case are you using? just thought it might not be good for a phone in the rain and the vibration

·
Fastronaut
6,508 Posts
That would work too, what kind of case are you using? just thought it might not be good for a phone in the rain and the vibration
Well it would all hinge on the bike and phone. The 2 most common setups are a RAM mount attached to some part of the bike, steering head, mirror mount, etc. or in the top of a tank bag in the clear section.

·
Registered Luser
2,113 Posts
Go for the cheapo chi-com gps. My Jensen is going strong 5 ish years later. *Only downfall is non-existent map updates.
Personally, in the unlikely event of a wheels up landing, I want my phone on my person so I can call my next of kin and tell them I gave everything to the Hare Krishnas.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go for the cheapo chi-com gps. My Jensen is going strong 5 ish years later. *Only downfall is non-existent map updates.
Personally, in the unlikely event of a wheels up landing, I want my phone on my person so I can call my next of kin and tell them I gave everything to the Hare Krishnas.

Haha, right on. I would rather have a dedicated GPS as well. Maybe it's worth a try since it's not a big investment. Advertisement for the ebay one says it comes with updates, but who knows how good they are being from China. Got a friend that uses his phone on his dual sport and works OK, but if it ever fell out of his handlebar mount, that'd be the end of it. I use a gorilla case on my phone so probably wouldn't be able to find a mount that it'd fit. I need the stronger case for work, I destroyed an otter box in 6 weeks. Needed something stronger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts