BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up, in case folks werent aware. As of Jan 1st, eBay is automatically adding tax for any item that is shipped into WA State. Doesnt matter if item is new or used, where seller is from, or where item is being shipped from.

Before some sellers were charging tax, but those were mostly regular business like Best Buy that charge tax regardless if you walk into their store and buy something or if you buy through their eBay store.

Just to see how far this goes, I added item that is sold from China, and shipped from China, and WA state tax was added on to the total.

·
Registered
8,222 Posts
I noticed that last night when I ordered some car parts. Shipped out of Ohio to Washington. No matter, it's not gonna change the price enough to cause me to worry.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For me it will reduce $ spent and purchases for sure. With crappy C$ and now close to 9% tax added on, even small savings will be gone. If I was saving $100 on a $1K item, now that saving is gone due to the tax added on.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
This must have happened very recently. I ordered a chain front sprocket out of Kansas just before Christmas, sent to my mail box in Sumas, was charged no tax, free shipping.

·
Posing with conviction
5,380 Posts
I got a couple of very spendy pieces of gear in December. Happy I got in under the wire. Don't recall being warned by eBay on that one.

The bummer on this one is, it is much easier to complete most American based eBay transactions by having it shipped to a WA letter carrier. I do the Commercial clearing of Customs myself with business stuff. Dealing with self clearing of Customs at CBSA at YVR airport is a royal pain in the patooty.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Just be thankful you all live close to the border. I've always just had to suck it up and just pay the full shipping sting.*

1 - 10 of 10 Posts