BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to see if I could get some help/input on buying a bike though Ebay. I know its not the smartest idea, but If I find a great deal I need to know the steps on bringing it over.

If anyone has gone through this process could you please tell me what is needed in order to bring a bike across the border, with regards to paperwork/customs/ and other such taxes?

Much appreciated

·
coco bongo
1,003 Posts
Go to a customs office and get the pamphlet, it'll tell you exactly what you need.

Especially with a bike though I personally would be weary buying it sight unseen, considering how something major could be easily hidden in pictures

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
Dont forget to export it out of the states.... I believe when I brought my car here it doesnt' mention anything about exporting the vehicle out of the US first.

·
The Comedy is in the Back
11,948 Posts
try not to get pwnd when u purchase it. Cuz afer all is said and done, it might be cheaper buying it localy.

R

·
0 Posts
A guy at work bought his bike from washington, had no problems. The seller even had family in Nanaimo and brought it up to him no charge! Also threw in all his gear.

Only problem was the state paperwork required to make the federal government happy took like 4-6 weeks, just for that step of the process. The rest went smooth, but still took some time. So scamming aside, there can still be issues with non-local deals that are still legit. Time can be a deciding factor, and all this was after the auction.

I bought mine from Duncan (I also live in Nanaimo) and took about 90 minutes total once we decided to go ahead with the deal, he had to ride the bike up :p

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks guys
Raypundo said:
A guy at work bought his bike from washington, had no problems. The seller even had family in Nanaimo and brought it up to him no charge! Also threw in all his gear.

Only problem was the state paperwork required to make the federal government happy took like 4-6 weeks, just for that step of the process. The rest went smooth, but still took some time. So scamming aside, there can still be issues with non-local deals that are still legit. Time can be a deciding factor, and all this was after the auction.

I bought mine from Duncan (I also live in Nanaimo) and took about 90 minutes total once we decided to go ahead with the deal, he had to ride the bike up :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts