BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,308 Posts
So. ECU shipped there fine, one day turn around and now it's been stuck in US customs in Florida since march 21st. The tuner says we'll give it until the end of this week and if no update/movement he'll open a case. Fuuuuuuck!!! If I didn't have my drz I'd be losing my shit. I am glad I opted to pay for insured return shipping but like any insurance I'd hoped to never have to use it.
Shipping anything from the US is a crapshoot right now.

I bought a part for my tablesaw from a US vendor on December 26th. I finally received that part yesterday, after buying it for the FOURTH time from a FOURTH vendor. All 3 previous shipments got fucked up in one way or another. One of them got stuck in "return to customer" stage for 4 weeks, and no one could tell either me or the vendor a thing about it.

Strap in and wait - all you can really do. Trying to get your money through insurance may be a nightmare in and of itself, so be ready for that. Some of our local shipping companies only insure brand new items, for which you have receipts. Granted, they'll sell you insurance for anything and everything, but won't actually pay out unless it's new and you have the receipt. A racket, really. Hope it's better on the US side.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yah, wait is the name of the game. The insurance is handled on the tuners side so I'll see if it comes to that how it goes. I optioned for the more expensive return insured shipping. He also sells ECU's so a replacement won't be hard to find. In other news my wife's Corbin seat showed up in record time. Hit and miss i guess. Silver lining is it gives me some good seat time on my new to me this season drz.

·
Beer League Racer/Asshole
5,228 Posts
I got some stuff I ordered in Scotland in less than 1 week. it was sent to Germany, and from there, it was 3 days to my doorstep. Total time was 6 days from order. We can get shit from Europe quicker than we can get from the USA.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
I have purchased several CDs from both the UK and Germany over the past 6 months. Shipping has taken between 5 days and 7 weeks. As you said, a lottery...

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I had ordered something from Nor' Cal last year, and it bounced between San Francisco and Portland 13 times before it made it to the YVR depot twice, then finally arriving at my door.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
I had ordered something from Nor' Cal last year, and it bounced between San Francisco and Portland 13 times before it made it to the YVR depot twice, then finally arriving at my door.
Was that a basketball?

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
It may have felt like it was, but it was actually heated gear from Warm N Safe. Thankfully i didnt need it until spring.

·
To torque or not?
94 Ducati 900 SS CR, 95 Ducati 900 SS CR, 04 ST3, 07 ST3S, 90 VFR750, 02 VFR800, 82 Gpz 550X2, NS400
893 Posts
Still waiting on investigation... no updates and no ecu.
That sucks. I ordered an Abbastand superbike stand from Britain. I ordered on a Monday afternoon, received up here in the middle of nowhere Friday morning. Shipping from the USA sucks. Who was the shipping company, UPS?

21 - 29 of 29 Posts