BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
Yup, I agree - it brings up all kinds of weird issues with racers.

for example it ran superstock which doesn't allow a lot of changes yet this bike has one off frame, GP spec front end, monobloc brakes, etc... All not typically legal in that class.
They can always try entering that Unlimited race that's currently being planned/promoted.

·
Electric Boogaloo
226 Posts
what was the major expense to total 18500
The biggest single expense was the battery pack, that was about $6k landed in Richmond, from China, including ~$800 in duty and customs fees (FML).

Remember, this was in late 2006 when I ordered them. The same cells are now available locally retail for less then I paid wholesale back then, and they're frankly better cells now with a couple of hardware generations under their belts.

The motor and controller were ~CAD$3k; they'd be a bit less now that the dollar is at par.

I dunno, I keep going back and forth on this. I loved it, and got 2 seasons out of the cells before some of them started acting funny. Most are still OK; I stopped riding it so I wouldn't cook the whole pack. But it's *months* of work to re-make and re-wire the battery racks, which were integral to the bike's design.

Robyn

·
Registered
2 Posts
The key reason for the rapid rise in e-bike usage is the improved technology. As batteries and motors have become more durable, efficient, and lightweight, electric bikes have become an increasingly viable vehicle for daily travel. This is why electric bike ownership has become so popular. An electric bike allows you to travel easily and cost-effectively, while still having fun.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts