• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well what to do? Buy a track bike or an engagement ring?

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Engagement ring. Your bike isn't a millionth as important as your wife. If you decide on the bike, you probably should keep searching for another fiance.

D

·
0 Posts
Ahh ferget the ring, if she really loves you she will understand :p (yea RIGHT! :D )

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dknite said:
Ahh ferget the ring, if she really loves you she will understand :p (yea RIGHT! :D )
Apparently if I get the ring I can get the track bike as well, problem I can only afford one or the other :laughing

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Digi, don't buy into the idea that you need to buy a HUGE rock. It's doesn't show anyone how large your penis is. I think too many people buy into this.

And if you marry the right girl, I don't think the track bike is out of the question. You don't need to go racing this year anyways.. you want to come out next year with me and keep me from being envious of yet another boy-racer.

Cubex-zarconia (sp?) does well. :D:cool

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
adamantium said:
Digi, don't buy into the idea that you need to buy a HUGE rock. It's doesn't show anyone how large your penis is.
No, a bulge in your pants will do that.:D

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
hmmm.... bike or ring.... bike or ring... hmmmmmm.... this is a thoughy......

bah, get the track bike and share it :) problem solved :) :laughing :laughing

·
Wear proper gear pls ;)
1,822 Posts
My vote is for the ring!!

Heh, I love all you guys that are voting for the ring, because if you know me at all... you'd know that I'd help him pay for the track bike and racing tires if we're engaged or married. Now how's that for a deal? :D

As for the size and quality of the ring... don't you all want the best bike you can possibly afford? So you can show it off to all your friends and family? I would think the engagement ring is gonna last longer than any of your bikes. 'Nuff said.

As for GIXXER, we're not friends anymore DUDE!!!! :roflmao

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Re: My vote is for the ring!!

R1 GIRL said:

As for GIXXER, we're not friends anymore DUDE!!!! :roflmao
:laughing :laughing

does that mean I wont have any help from you guys to haul my bike outta the ditch anymore? :laughing :laughing sigh.... :(

ok Digi, get the ring, she said she'll help buy a track bike :)

·
Wear proper gear pls ;)
1,822 Posts
How come the poll is tied at 4 votes each if everyone on here who has posted a message (except Gixxer :mad ) is voting for the ring? Who else is voting for the track bike, come on out, show yourself!!! :2guns

G

·
0 Posts
Damn if she needs an expensive ring for her to understand that you are committed to her - I don't want her. Personally there was a third choice that wasn't put on there 'Both'. A simple inexpensive ring to show him/her your commitment is real and a relativley inexpensive race bike. Sorted

And I voted for the bike of these 2 choices:D

·
Premium Member
20 Posts

R1 GIRL said:

As for the size and quality of the ring... don't you all want the best bike you can possibly afford? So you can show it off to all your friends and family? I would think the engagement ring is gonna last longer than any of your bikes. 'Nuff said.
I 100% disagree. Mind you, I'm a guy.

Do I want the best bike I can afford, hell yeah. But bikes are a huge passion of mine. Wearing stupidly expensive jewlery is not.

Your absolutetly right though, the ring will outlast the bikes. But it doesn't mean it needs to attract attention. I think it says a lot about a guy when a girl has a small ring - some of you may not see it this way, but I think it says the guy makes up for it in more ways than financially. And if your getting 2 month's salary (the old 'status quo') of Bieu's salary, then your getting a pretty large rock I'd say. :D

But I say $3000 is the limit. Anymore than that is just frivoulous. Of course saying that, I spent a bit more than that.. but still, my opinion stands.

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts

R1 GIRL said:
Heh, I love all you guys that are voting for the ring, because if you know me at all... you'd know that I'd help him pay for the track bike and racing tires if we're engaged or married. Now how's that for a deal? :D

Digi...buy the ring:D .

·
Registered
379 Posts
here's my 2 cents:

I think there's absolutely no correlation between ring size and how well you treat someone or "make up for it" in other ways. If she EXPECTS a huge ring, then as gsxr6 racer said, I wouldn't want her either. I actually spent some pretty heavy coin on my wife's engagement ring ($14K) but that's only because I don't believe in 'diamond upgrades' (due to sentimental value) and I figured that I much rather get her a nice diamond now that she can enjoy her whole life, then to give her one later on in life (say at our 25th anniversary). But then again, I just spent that much because I wanted to do it for her, and she never expected it. And in return, she bought me a bike as my 'engagement' present (she didn't like the engagement double-standard). That's just my two cents.....

1 - 20 of 103 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.