BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hearing these backfire noises coming from the engine or header when I'm off the gas espicailly noticable when i'm in 1st gear... does this mean it's time for a tune up?!?!?

·
bcsportbike goon
596 Posts
evo-blade said:
I'm hearing these backfire noises coming from the engine or header when I'm off the gas espicailly noticable when i'm in 1st gear... does this mean it's time for a tune up?!?!?
I'm having the exact same problem. I went down to Bomax today, and was told that its related to the carbs, and that one is out of sync. I'm taking my bike back on monday to have the carbs take out and cleaned up...

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Gujistud is exactly right. Carb sync problem, possible running to lean/rich. It's not the end of the world. If you have a look at the Dyno video at MAS ont he site, you'll notice quite a few of those bikes backfired... it's usually only on hard decelaration from high rpms in a low gear. More than that? Take it somewhere to have it looked at.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Add anything new lately? Like a new slip on or exhaust?

If no then it 's probably time for that tune up. Our bikes are no where near as tolerant as our cars. And add in the 4 vs 1 carb or injector and you quadruple the chances of things going out of whack.

B

·
0 Posts
Yeah, both my previous F4 and my current 929 backfire a bit under deceleration since I put the slip-ons on them. I don't and didn't notice any performance loss, and this is a normal symptom of after-market gear. But as stated above, you can do stuff about it but IMHO, unless it's really bothering you it's not destroying your bike or anything. Personally, I kinda like it... adds a little growl. :)

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
evo-blade said:

time to get a Kawi. :D:D:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts