BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Yellow Power Ranger
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever lost a race to a car on your bike?

I know, I know...everyone is gonna be like "noting touches a bike on the street"

Well thats not true. I have never raced a Ferrari or Supercharged Corvette on my 600, but Im pretty sure that it would be close.

I have raced a Supercharged Camaro from about 120-240km/h and it stayed with me. I pulled about half a car length on it after 200km/h.

2 days ago I was following a BMW M3 through some turns, and I couldnt keep up with it....but thats because Im not that great a rider...in a straight, I would probably take it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
i paced a viper once on the freeway. he was in front of me and took off to pass some traffic so i followed him. i rolled on in fourth and was gaining on him for that small stretch. i dont know if he was giving it his all but i had it pinned.

·
Registered
82 Posts
the bmw m3 couldnt dance with the cbr 900 a few months back he was trying hard but cbr would have none of it. :laughing

·
2,217 Posts
I had a pro street nova beat my zx7 back in the day........of course the bike was brand new and I wasnt told to keep the revs down for the 1st 1,000 kms, so I thought it wouldnt be a great idea to bounce it off the rev limiter in the first week......

Other than that never. I got a Ferrari Testarossa to go up granville one time and that was an easy one. Tryed to get a guy in a Diablo to go one time at 88th and King George, but he wouldnt do it......assumed it was a rental.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
A car has more rubber on road so the weight per square inch of rubber is higher enabling it to outcorner a bike. That being said it needs a driver that can drive, but then so does the bike. In the city the bike always wins but on the open road you never know with some of the cars these days.

Yesterday coming back from a ride we were on the 5 and a vehicle passed me when I was doing about 200. I gave chase and looked to see that I was now doing 255 and just keeping up with him, we started passing other vehicles when my "fear and common sense" indicator light came on ( a bit slow for the common sense I know I know) and so I conceded and slowed to a more normal pace. I think it was one of those new Chrysler 300s. Black and boxey, kinda squarish with the hemi engine I think. Fast car.

·
Mortgage Pimp
9,195 Posts
While I don't drag race on the street anymore I once raced a GT2 with the RR and it was a good run, he passed me eventually.

Coming back from Tofino some dingbat in a Cobalt tried to stay ahead of me and it was fun to pass him while he was obviously giving it all he had.

Problem with cars is it's easy for shitty drivers to drive them to their limits, and then they crash, and sometimes it's into you.

·
Mortgage Pimp
9,195 Posts
Oh and Phil, Ferrari's blow up if they're pushed too far. A guy pulled out of the track day for Oct 4th because his F430 is overheating. ;)

I hope when you do finally buy your dream car, you have a back-up porsche for when the Ferrari blows up. ;)

FYI, I used to be a huge Ferrari Fan up until I started racing and learning how well they're built.

·
ninja machinist
3,103 Posts
I've never drag raced a car. If I have, I probably wasn't aware. :laughing I did however one time, ride up beside a turbo RX-7. Dual tailpipes, loud BOV, guages on the windshield pillar, riced to the nines. In good fun I yanked up a second gear standup, at that time I chased balance point so badly that even though this guy in the RX-7 floored it, he couldn't keep up with my wheelie. :laughing

·
Yellow Power Ranger
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh and Phil, Ferrari's blow up if they're pushed too far. A guy pulled out of the track day for Oct 4th because his F430 is overheating. ;)

I hope when you do finally buy your dream car, you have a back-up porsche for when the Ferrari blows up. ;)

FYI, I used to be a huge Ferrari Fan up until I started racing and learning how well they're built.
My backup car will be a Z06! :laughing

·
Registered
312 Posts
well my friend gots i think a 2002 golf gti and put turbo in it and some other goodies and i think i would have a hard time to keep up to him with my old 03 kawi 636 hes pushing say 300plus and he has his turbo all the way down almost off its down so much the BOF does not even realy make a sound,,

OK im 19 most of my friends without a bike thought they could bet me so we went onto the hightway and i smoked them all in a few sec they all shut the f--k up after that , I love seeing people in cars that spent like 40gs and think we are slow and we can take your bikes ts say 10gs and smoke them in first gear

·
Member #827
1,505 Posts
I've lost to: Lamborghini Gallaro, Lamborghini Murcielago, 2005 Porsche Turbo

I've beaten: Every other Porsche that's tried, a 2005 Viper SRT/10 and KILLED every single Ferrari that's tried including F355's, F360's, F430's, Testarossa's and even an old 328 GTS.

Ferrari's are all show (except the F40, F50, Enzo / FFX), they're damn slow.

This was all on a closed course of course.........

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
I've "played" with a lambo coming off cypress onto #1 before. He knocked down a cog or two and disappeared after we'd been cruising at [80kph] for a while. Taffic built up more after that, so i left him to it ...

·
Yellow Power Ranger
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've lost to: Lamborghini Gallaro, Lamborghini Murcielago, 2005 Porsche Turbo

I've beaten: Every other Porsche that's tried, a 2005 Viper SRT/10 and KILLED every single Ferrari that's tried including F355's, F360's, F430's, Testarossa's and even an old 328 GTS.

Ferrari's are all show (except the F40, F50, Enzo / FFX), they're damn slow.

This was all on a closed course of course.........
How have you lost to a Gallardo, but beat a F430 and Viper...they are faster then a Gallardo

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
How have you lost to a Gallardo, but beat a F430 and Viper...they are faster then a Gallardo
vastly differing driver skill levels, I would think

cars that most people can afford are easily beaten by bikes most people can afford.

when you've got enough money into a performance car, then a bike's not that fast, relatively speaking

·
Member #827
1,505 Posts
Different bikes. Against the Gallardo I was on a relatively stock 2001 RC51 (470lbs full wet, 125rwhp). Everything else has been against my race RC51 (439lbs full wet, 135rwhp and geared) or my 1000RR (410lbs?, 170rwhp and geared).

Different circumstances as well. The only times I've lost to the cars were when they passed me when I was running out of gear/power (250-270+). Roll-ons or quick blasts the cars don't stand much of a chance. The Murcielago passed me doing 179mph (corrected speed) and kept on truckin. Dude probably had his A/C and stereo going to boot, bastard.

On a closed course.........

·
Mortgage Pimp
9,195 Posts
Because Ferrari's were made to be washed and waxed while Gallardo's are made to drive regularily.

The ferrari's probably had cobwebs in the engine.

Oh and another thing, Ferrari drivers are shit. ;)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.