BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, this is the same one that has been going on for a long time, but no, you dont have to be a member of some super secret fb group to join in.

I am posting it again here as there are new riders on bcsb that have no idea about 604 fb page, so they wont know about this ride either. I will be posting updates before each monday in case ride is canceled (due to bad weather for example) or if times changes

Mods, not sure if you want to sticky this like before.

For many this is the only thing we look forward to on a Monday. So to carry on the tradition. .604 will have official Monday Gelato Squambucks Ride which will include all, and it's especially newbie friendly.

Come out for a ride ! Meet some new people ! Enjoy the glorious S2S highway.

----------------------------------------------------

Meet at St.David's Church 5:50PM (1525 Taylor Way, West Van)

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/St.+David’s+United+Church/@49.3385725,-123.1354683,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x54866e3058ecbb4f:0xb6677d5395a3b67b?hl=en

3 Riding Groups Will be formed. Newbie group will have leader and sweeper. Riding speed is speed limit +- 10km/h

Will start leaving at 6:00 PM

===============================

All riders are welcome -

Please wear protective gear. It's for your own safety. Also we like to look the part. (Safe and responsible)

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Darren.

In case it wasnt clear, ride is on for today, August 10th. Looks like it will be a great day for it. See you all there!

·
Super Moderator
23,552 Posts
Thanks Darren.

In case it wasnt clear, ride is on for today, August 10th. Looks like it will be a great day for it. See you all there!
And just in case I wasn't clear, by original roots, I don't mean BCSB, I mean an all inclusive
Ride that's shared and open to all.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds like fun. Reading this too late to join you all today, but maybe next week.
It is great fun. Good way to go for a nice ride and meat a bunch of people. Just take it easy on S2S, more police lately than usual. For some reason people still decide to go impound speed on it, and surely they get nailed.

See you next monday.

And just in case I wasn't clear, by original roots, I don't mean BCSB, I mean an all inclusive
Ride that's shared and open to all.
No idea how it started, just know Joe and Kiera and few others were organizing before H picked it up (who did it before them, no idea). Has it been going on since 03? Wow! didnt think it was that long ago.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Monday, August 17th, Ride is ON!
Be at the church by 5:50, 2 groups leaving from 6pm
Your own pace group leaves 1st, New rider friendly (with leader and sweeper) leaves shortly after

All riders are welcome -

Please wear protective gear. It's for your own safety. This is especially strongly suggested for the riders in the new riders group.

See you tomorrow.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry I missed it, especially after having missed a planned ride to Squamish on Sunday. It's going to be hard for me to make North Van by 5:50pm, but I'll definitely try to make one soon!

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
People leave church at random times, from 6 till about 6:20 or so. Some dont even get to the church, but go straight to Squamish. We are usually at starbucks parking lot till about 8 or so before we start going back to Vancouver, so if you cant make it to the church, just come up there straight :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sound advice, thanks man! It'd be great to meet a few more of you, and an evening ride on the S2S would be something new for me.

Hope to see you next Monday!

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Monday, August 25th, Ride is ON!
Your own pace group leaves 1st, New rider friendly (with leader and sweeper) leaves shortly after

All riders are welcome -

Please wear protective gear. It's for your own safety. This is especially strongly suggested for the riders in the new riders group

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Isn't Mon the 24th?

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry ladies and gents. Away on vacation last 2 weeks (and this one) so quite limited internet access. There was an earlier ride that left at 1pm. I am sure there will be people at all hours today seeing how it's long weekend. Now I go sleep. Enjoy the rides and see you when I get back

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Monday, September 14th, Ride is ON!

All riders are welcome -

Please wear protective gear. It's for your own safety. This is especially strongly suggested for the riders in the new riders group.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Monday, September 21st, Ride is ON!

All riders are welcome -

1 - 20 of 103 Posts