BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Already have a Jardine RT-1 s/o with stock headers. How much difference would a set of Jardine headers make (if any)? Would the noise level increase also?

edit: Also, would using exhaust wrap help the engine run cooler during low speed / standstill traffic?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Likely not a hell of a lot. Iif lucky you might notice a slight difference, the first time you ride it after that, no difference at all.
Do you think for a moment that the Factory would be so stupid as to design/install a less than Max performance item ?
in this competitive market?
Avoid exhaust wrap like it had Smallpox.
Only serves to rot out the headers and possibly keep underhood temps down on a Turbo engined car whose owner was Dumb enough to install tube headers in the first place, replacing the superior Cast iron units in his magazine inspired wisdom.

·
Registered
241 Posts
basically the rule of thumb is that 100bhp per litre dont mess too much with it, ie leave the exhaust pretty much factory, anything less than 100bhp per litre add headers etc,

header wrap works well to decrease the underhood temps and could reduce the heat a minimal amount around the header onto surrounding surfaces. I have not seen header wrap aid the speed at which headers wear out. Most turbo tube headers now are made from stainless steel which doesnt rot as well, although you will only notice a difference, on a factory turboed car, between a cast manifold and a tube manifold if you are racing and running higher than stock levels of boost.

·
Ride Solo
4,219 Posts
Already have a Jardine RT-1 s/o with stock headers. How much difference would a set of Jardine headers make (if any)? Would the noise level increase also?

edit: Also, would using exhaust wrap help the engine run cooler during low speed / standstill traffic?
If you want a noticeable improvement in performance, I'd suggest spending your $$ on suspension and/or rider training.

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chances are i'm not getting headers etc anyway - i was just curious how much of a difference they make. Next season is track time for sure :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.