BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Just a question to anyone with an opinion. Would running your exhaust can under the engine, facing forward be a problem. I have a Supertrapp so the end is capped so no water would enter but I'm worried about exhaust gases. It is on a fighter with a small belly pan so no full fairings to channel th fumes up. Any thoughts?? Cheers, Ed

·
???????
908 Posts
Seen it done on a custom Monster. One prob, OK two problems I could see: even though the end is caped on the Supper Trapp, the disks are open, lots of area to let shit into. Two, because the exhaust difuses out of the disks you have no way of controlling where the hot gases are hitting under your engine, not much of a problem at speed, but could become a issue over time, if you spend any time in traffic.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
I suspect that the gases flowing out will blow away anything trying to get into the pipe through the gaps. But some sort of deflector similar to what the dirtbike guys use to direct the gases more down and to the side would be a good idea.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TeeTee said:
I suspect that the gases flowing out will blow away anything trying to get into the pipe through the gaps. But some sort of deflector similar to what the dirtbike guys use to direct the gases more down and to the side would be a good idea.
Hmmm! Maybe it ill work after all. More things to think about. Thanks guys, Ed

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dalma said:
I would also guess that your likely to be breathing much of that exhaust as well if it's facing forward.
Yeah, That was my main concern too. After much thought I think I will just keep my highmount and if I really want that look, buy the new R6 (on a students budget-suuure!). Cheers, Ed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts