BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who knows exactly what happens with the cct part on the F4i that is being recalled?
I've heard it makes a clicking noise, and I heard it makes the bike wobble at low rpm.
I have 1,200 km. on mine and have had neither symptom... Although when i move my bike with power off = I hear a slight clicking near the chain area...
Anyways, if anyone has read something or has had it done -> pls let me know what happens or what to expect. I've already spoke with the dealership and the part is covered under warrenty. So not that big of a deal i guess...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
take it in and ask them to do it ,i did a f4i today and it had that done at 8700km and another customer had it done at 13000 kms so it doesnt hurt to try.

·
Sho'Nuff!
132 Posts
you usually hear it around 5500 rpm...mine does it and so does a couple of other f4i's on this board..
planning on getting it replaced soon (hopefully)

apparently, nothings affected other than that noise

·
Jackie Chan's stuntdouble
1,535 Posts
Reportedly, when it goes bad it is a loud rattle that sounds like your bike is about to fall apart. You will know when it happens.

Supposedly it does no harm other than making you feel like your $11,000 bike is piece of junk.

·
'04 R1 - You are mine!
1,697 Posts
Bud ...all the dealers are aware of the problem and if you go where you got your bike and complain about it they'll warranty it ...I got mine fixed for free at 7000km's ...they actually bill it back to Honda plus the labor...which they probably double ...so they will practically beg you to do it....but like everyone says...it doesn't affect anything so when you feel like you need to ...just go in and have it done...if you don't know if you need to ....you don't need to!...lol

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you said ill feel a rattle on my bike flow man...
so, I wont feel anything.... but ill hear a rattling sound???
in that case... woohoo no probs yet :)

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I noticed mine rattling/vibrating consistently at around 6,000kms at 5-6K RPM. At that time I was told that the sound was a "harmonic" that is just part of the bike. To me, it sounded like there was a loose fairing or something in the front end.

Brought the bike in again around 13,000 and they were more than happy to fix the CCT (Honda footed the bill). Got just over 18K on the bike now and I haven't heard the sound since. :cool

The only other warranty issue I ran into on my F4i was a sticky starter button, had that replaced too.

·
ice cream poser
782 Posts
Mine is pretty bad, it starts rattling when the engine comes to life (but it's soft). Starts to get louder as i rev to about 6 RPM. Anyway any Honda motorsport retailer will do it for you. When the time comes, take it to Carter. I went with F4i over the weekend and it was relatively easy to order in the parts and get our serial numbers down. I'll have to bring it in sometime next week.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I only have about 1500km on my 2002, and its been rattling on me for about 700km now. I dont know if it will maybe get worse as time goes on, but it already sounds like sh*t and Im going to RMS tomorrow to bitch about it :)

·
living the dream
1,109 Posts
hey i just hit 2850 and at 5000-6000rpm thats the only thing
i can hear.....only when she hasnt been running for a while thou

1 - 11 of 11 Posts