·
Registered
1,185 Posts
+1 thats where I did my retest

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just want to update the thread and pay it forward

Just wanted to update this thread for anyone who will be taking their road test at Richmond. I passed but would like to share my experience to benefit others. I encourage others to do the same. Pay it forward.

Rants:
1. Really need to update the equipment to include a viable 2-way communication device. There is no way during a test for you to fumble to press the button for the radio and even if you do for you to speak clearly through your helmet and wind noise. Many errors could be avoided if you can simply clarify their directions.
2. More testing times. Motorcycle riding is much more susceptible to the acts of weather than cars but more dangerous to ride. Either more testing sites or time slots.

Tips:
1. Book earlier and check often for cancelled appointments on-line. Extremely rare to line-up at the testing center and get an appointment because you need BOTH a car and motorcycle cancellation for it to work.
2. When in doubt, slow down, and tap your helmet. If you missed a turn don't force it and wait for further instructions.
3. Exaggerate your shoulder checks and keep your right turns tight to the curb. Wide turns are a cause for demerits.
4. Try the course below at least once and try to map out the near by school zones.

course.jpg

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Nice post, very helpful. I agree on the radios, luckily I had a driver that would put on the car's turn signals really early so I could look in the mirror and confirm what I thought I might have heard.*

And nothing will fail you faster tha blowing a school zone. *My riding test was a playground and school zone tour of new west. Good tip to try and know the area for those zones. And if it's summer, confirm with the examiner whether you're slowing for school zones or not.*

41 - 44 of 44 Posts