BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Fake Dainese Leathers

19K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  SnoDragon 
#1 · (Edited)
I was intrigued when I came across this listing on eBay: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/262883417135?ul_noapp=true

A jacket that retails here in Canada for $950 CAN and online sells for $5-600 USD, sells for $299 USD. Buyer feedback is pretty good, no one freaking out, so I wrote the seller and asked "Is this genuine Dainese or is this a copy?". Yeah yeah, I know, what do you expect for $300 right? Here is his response, along with pics he sent me:

Dear Valued Customer,
We are a manufacturer of leather garments company located in Sialkot, Pakistan.

As You Know Only The Sialkot City And Vietnam Producing Sporting Goods. We also have Official dainese glove with barcode and tags by dainese in stock..

I am sending you the exact pictures of the Dainese Super jacket We Make, So you can easily understand about Our Quality And workmanship along with material.

We Have completely followed Dainese Features and Design in This Jacket. Just like:

Top quality cowhide full grain leather, ykk zippers, CE protectors, inner mesh lining and removable quilt lining, external metal shoulders

In Premium quality andmaterial.
Our Jacket Is completely same and authentic like original.

So There Is Nothing To Be Worry. Feel free to Place your order.

I would like to request you to please contact us on WhatsApp so we can Deal:
+923224343669

With Kindest Regards:
Salman Shakeel
Hansa Leather Garment

I couldn't find anything online for Hansa Leather in Pakistan. I figured we could call out the BCSB investigation team and see what we can learn about them

See less See more
#4 ·
I was intrigued when I came across this listing on eBay: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/262883417135?ul_noapp=true

A jacket that retails here in Canada for $950 CAN and online sells for $5-600 USD, sells for $299 USD. Buyer feedback is pretty good, no one freaking out, so I wrote the seller and asked "Is this genuine Dainese or is this a copy?". Yeah yeah, I know, what do you expect for $300 right? Here is his response, along with pics he sent me:

Dear Valued Customer,
We are a manufacturer of leather garments company located in Sialkot, Pakistan.

As You Know Only The Sialkot City And Vietnam Producing Sporting Goods. We also have Official dainese glove with barcode and tags by dainese in stock..

I am sending you the exact pictures of the Dainese Super jacket We Make, So you can easily understand about Our Quality And workmanship along with material.

We Have completely followed Dainese Features and Design in This Jacket. Just like:

Top quality cowhide full grain leather, ykk zippers, CE protectors, inner mesh lining and removable quilt lining, external metal shoulders

In Premium quality andmaterial.
Our Jacket Is completely same and authentic like original.

So There Is Nothing To Be Worry. Feel free to Place your order.

I would like to request you to please contact us on WhatsApp so we can Deal:
+923224343669

With Kindest Regards:
Salman Shakeel
Hansa Leather Garment

So much awesomeness ....

The fractured english, excellent.

The multiple counts of fraud with barcodes, tags and design. Outstanding.

I wonder about the authenticity of the "ykk" zippers.

Who wants to crash test those "CE protectors"?

The metal shoulders, any chance of ignition when bouncing down the road?

Mesh lining ...... made of the best reclaimed asbestos fibers from WWII Liberty ships.

Quick, someone order one.

#6 ·
that counterfeit $30 Iphone is the same quality as a real Iphone, as they're both made in China..... :p

Not likely, most of those factories are pretty locked down, and do nothing but big 3 big 4 brands. If you look, I bet its' not even the same type of stitch and way lower quality material.

Bike Bandit did videos a couple of years ago showing real Alpinestars and fakes. From 5 feet away they looked the same, but once you really looked at the details, it was really obvious.

#10 ·
It very likely comes from the same leather stock and styles that Dianese has them manufacture for them. Very likely no difference and they take labels from the Dianese run and make "fakes". It's very likely that there is about 10 guys who work there, all having their own companies that work out of that factory and just copy and sell shit. The only thing you really have to worry about is IF they actually do use full grain leather, and not top-grain leather. Sometimes they lie about that, and you'll only really find out when it's crash tested. Full grain leather should rash up and not rip. Top grain will rip because it's lost the fiber that makes it strong and only contains horizontal fibers and has lost the vertical fibers, due to fixing blemishes, etc.

Talk to Jay Tait at BK. He has some great stories on that and dealing with these guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.