BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
What size are you? I have a 2 piece Frank Thomas Leather set I might be selling, pants only worn once. Size says 16, but it fits more like a 12. I'm pretty busty and the jacket fits a bit snug.

·
Registered
451 Posts
i think it's best to go try things on at a shop, because at the end of the day it's the fit that matters the most. i love a shoei helmet, they are all so beautiful, but the arai fits me better so i wear it tho i think it's ugly.

i always encourage people to try on everything they can, find the stuff that fits the best and narrow options from there. the alpinestars stuff is top notch, but the armor is hard and if you don't get that perfect fit it can be quite uncomfortable. the elbows tend to be pre-curved into the bent-down sportbike position which may not work for you depending on your bike. the icon is the opposite, it's more of a relaxed position and so some people might not like it on aggressive tuck-down bikes. i don't know what the shift ladies jackets are like these days :D

in terms of random brands to throw in a hat tho, i love the fit and finish of pretty much anything dainese makes, certainly the leathers are fantastic.

·
Hates drama...
1,916 Posts
I have found this used online: https://www.thehelmetwarehouse.com.au/store.php?crn=321&rn=2620&action=show_detail
I like the look of it, quite a bit. It has no back armor but I can get some. I don't have oodles to spend, but wondered if you ladies had any favourites for leathers?
Here are a few more options on a leather jacket.

I've noticed that the link you provided is from a store in AUS. Keep in mind that purchasing from that far away may not be worth it considering the shipping costs and time it will take to get here.

Try to purchase a jacket locally or from the US. With ordering from the US, you can always have it shipped to the local post offices in Pt. Roberts, Blaine, Sumas, etc. to get free shipping rates. Just cross over to pick it up ($3-$5 for their services) and you've got yourself a nice jacket.

·
Lady
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What size are you? I have a 2 piece Frank Thomas Leather set I might be selling, pants only worn once. Size says 16, but it fits more like a 12. I'm pretty busty and the jacket fits a bit snug.
I'm pretty busty too, and short, only 5'4". I'm more looking for a nice-fitting armoured leather jacket, I eventually want full leathers since I might try the track once I get more practise in... I like blacks and greys, what does it look like? I've gotta start saving. :(

i think it's best to go try things on at a shop, because at the end of the day it's the fit that matters the most. i love a shoei helmet, they are all so beautiful, but the arai fits me better so i wear it tho i think it's ugly.

i always encourage people to try on everything they can, find the stuff that fits the best and narrow options from there. the alpinestars stuff is top notch, but the armor is hard and if you don't get that perfect fit it can be quite uncomfortable. the elbows tend to be pre-curved into the bent-down sportbike position which may not work for you depending on your bike. the icon is the opposite, it's more of a relaxed position and so some people might not like it on aggressive tuck-down bikes. i don't know what the shift ladies jackets are like these days :D

in terms of random brands to throw in a hat tho, i love the fit and finish of pretty much anything dainese makes, certainly the leathers are fantastic.
Ohhh..... Dainese *drool*

Here are a few more options on a leather jacket.

I've noticed that the link you provided is from a store in AUS. Keep in mind that purchasing from that far away may not be worth it considering the shipping costs and time it will take to get here.

Try to purchase a jacket locally or from the US. With ordering from the US, you can always have it shipped to the local post offices in Pt. Roberts, Blaine, Sumas, etc. to get free shipping rates. Just cross over to pick it up ($3-$5 for their services) and you've got yourself a nice jacket.
The jacket is actually on Craigslist in Langley. I was just posting the AUS link for the photo. The Langley seller is asking $300 and won't budge. I'm trying to ply her with MAC make-up. ;)

·
Hates drama...
1,916 Posts
The jacket is actually on Craigslist in Langley. I was just posting the AUS link for the photo. The Langley seller is asking $300 and won't budge. I'm trying to ply her with MAC make-up. ;)
IMHO it's not worth it, especially for a discontinued model. If you're willing to shell out $300 for a used jacket, you should look at the number of options you have for $300 on a brand new women specific leather jacket.

Just my 0.02c.

Not sure what size you are but I did a quick search on Google and one of the links came up for your jacket on Ebay.

Leather version: $181.99 USD - brand new with free shipping to the US.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_nkw=SHIFT-WOMENS-SIREN-LEATHER-JACKET-BLACK-M-

$199.99 USD
http://www.mxsouth.com/scripts/view/showproductlist.php?locale=us&commingfrom=productpage&page=shift-racing-women-jackets-womens-siren-leather-jackets.htm&section=Street Sport

Textile version: $74.95 USD - brand new plus $20 shipping to the US.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shift-Siren-Textile-Jacket-Size-Medium-/230813966894?pt=Apparel_Merchandise&vxp=mtr&hash=item35bd95a22e#ht_2896wt_922

$69.99 USD
http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/brands/shift/all

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm pretty busty too, and short, only 5'4". I'm more looking for a nice-fitting armoured leather jacket, I eventually want full leathers since I might try the track once I get more practise in... I like blacks and greys, what does it look like? I've gotta start saving. :(
Ha. I'm 5'4. The set is grey, black and white with full armour. I'm looking sell the whole set together. Say $200

This is the closest i could find to them, just to give you an idea of the colour scheme. They also have a full 360 zipper in case you wanted to do a track day.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ladies-Frank-Thomas-Motorbike-Full-Leathers-16-42-/261056064531?hash=item3cc8276c13&item=261056064531&pt=UK_Motorcycle_Clothing&vxp=mtr

·
Lady
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ha. I'm 5'4. The set is grey, black and white with full armour. I'm looking sell the whole set together. Say $200

This is the closest i could find to them, just to give you an idea of the colour scheme. They also have a full 360 zipper in case you wanted to do a track day.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ladies-Frank-Thomas-Motorbike-Full-Leathers-16-42-/261056064531?hash=item3cc8276c13&item=261056064531&pt=UK_Motorcycle_Clothing&vxp=mtr

I am interested 1000%. Holy. Crap. Hold them for me. I'm leaving for work but will PM you about this later.

·
Lady
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey jcgirl... I got my bike back today after a week so I went out and never messaged you... do you have photos of the leathers?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hey jcgirl... I got my bike back today after a week so I went out and never messaged you... do you have photos of the leathers?
I can post some up tonight. They basically look exactly the same as the ebay leathers. With no damage on them. I think the design might be a bit different but the colour scheme is the same.

·
Lady
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can post some up tonight. They basically look exactly the same as the ebay leathers. With no damage on them. I think the design might be a bit different but the colour scheme is the same.
It's the design I'm curious about. Lots of terrible reviews on the Frank Thomas leathers, but I'd love to see them in person to see the quality myself. ;)

·
Asian Persuasion
913 Posts
If you are looking locally, Burnaby Kawasaki has their own brand of leathers for women and there is also Tap moto.
If I recall correctly, I remember seeing a couple sets of women's leathers for sale at PRS. Brand new.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm in Seattle until tomorrow evening but pm me whenever you'd like to swing by and see em. I live in delta or work in yaletown.

·
Lady
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you are looking locally, Burnaby Kawasaki has their own brand of leathers for women and there is also Tap moto.
If I recall correctly, I remember seeing a couple sets of women's leathers for sale at PRS. Brand new.
At PRS? I'll text Ambrose and ask him. Thanks for the tip! I'm sure brand-new leathers are spendy.

I'm in Seattle until tomorrow evening but pm me whenever you'd like to swing by and see em. I live in delta or work in yaletown.
Delta is totally do-able if I go for a ride after work. I'll PM you perhaps for a night this week. OK?

·
Lady
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yay I got the TapMoto htdub had for $175 on here. It's not colours I like, but you can't beat the price for brand-new... and it fits me like it was made for me. Oh and it matches my helmet, perfectly. It was meant to be. :D

·
2007 R-1
544 Posts
TaoMoto suites are excellent. I have had mine a couple of years now and close to 100,000k's in it. Not one issue with the suite. The only complaint is no breathing room in the chest area for ladies, :)

·
Asian Persuasion
913 Posts
Dropped by PRS this weekend and the leathers are still hanging on the wall. They are going for an awesome price and there is a business card for Western powersports.
Best thing to do is call Western and ask Taro what they have for women's leathers. I recall the Teknic 2 piece was around $300 I think. Could have been cheaper.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts