BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I there is a fender eliminator on the bike I just bought (04 GSXR 600)... and I am wondering what to do with the plate. The guy before me had it just bolted in above the tire (in a fair ways), which I think is fine, but I think a light is a good idea. I dont need to be pulled over for sensless bullshit. What do others do for a light above the plate? Can I just buy a light bar at the bike shop? any ideas or recommendations would be appreciated

thanks

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You can get 'light bolts', liscence plate bolts that have a lil light in the head.
:rockon :rockon
Lodcrap carries a couple different styles.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i saw those on the net, do they portray light onto the plate well, or do the just shoot a beam straight out?

·
Registered
361 Posts
ok, i did a little "fender elimination" on my dr650 a while ago, and I did encorperate a plate light when i did this. Look at Canadian Tire, they have a little tiny one about 5 cms long with a lip on it so that the light shines only on the plate. it was cheap, like a buck or two. I also got a licsence plate holder (another couple bucks) and bent in the sides so it was completely hidden. This bracket has little holes in it so you can attach the light on the plate on the top in the centre.

beware though, as i just took another look at it i noticed by bolts have come off... strangly enough it is still attached because it is so small that the wires can hold it on and in place. *shrug* but it works well and looks sharp. e-mail me if ya want pics, but as it stands im too lazy to do so without you askin.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
both sound like good ideas, check them out tomorow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts