BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cudos to Hardly Davidson for making a commercial that shows a woman riding a V-Rod, rather than just being a motorcycle accessory. And it's a funny commercial as well!

The one I'm talking about starts out with some guy ogling a red V-Rod parked on the side of the street, wishing it was his. Along comes a nice looking woman, who says to the guy "nice bike". At first the guy starts to agree with her as if it's not his, then he changes his approach and starts to tell the woman about his passion for open road, yadda yadda, as if the bike's actually his. Then along comes the rider, a woman wearing a leather Harley jacket, and the rider puts her helmet on and hops on the bike, then takes off, without saying anything to the guy standing there. The guy that was just lying to the good looking woman on the sidewalk just makes up some pathetic excuse, as the woman looks at him as if to say "what a jerk".

I'm glad to see that at least one manufacturer is representing a growing demographic of riders. I dunno, maybe it's just something about the Japanese culture, that they have not, to my knowledge, represented women as riders in advertising (at least not mainstream advertising). That's a flaw on their part, because like so many leisure pursuits these days, women are representing a large segment of the buyers, and as such, should be shown in a smart advertising campaign.

·
Member #899
2,611 Posts
Nice one Janet - good find!

I think Harley is really trying to change their image this year. I did a recent poll about motorcycles (it was obviously paid for by Harley). A lot of the questions were about the image of motorcycles (Buell was included as well). Interesting poll. I hope they continue to make their motorcycles more accessible to the common person (I wouldn't buy one anyways, but it's good to see they're trying).

And Hakeem, what does that have to do with anything? This is a thread about Harley changing their image... :rolleyes

F

·
0 Posts
do a search on the female actor Daphnee Lynn Duplaix (the girl on the sidewalk)

much better than looking at the harley

icon doesnt have a tv commercial that ive seen ,but they do a LOT for the female demographic .

G

·
0 Posts
that a great commercil and a great bike. The guys that need to customize there jap crap have this need to be noticed. Maybe they are not very good looking or maybe they have dough bodies...who knows. After you sink your cash into a shitty after market paint job and chrome, you walk away into the public as the same ugly loser you were trying to hide with your shitty custom jap crap bike.

borderline said:
do a search on the female actor Daphnee Lynn Duplaix (the girl on the sidewalk)

much better than looking at the harley

icon doesnt have a tv commercial that ive seen ,but they do a LOT for the female demographic .

F

·
0 Posts
gangbanger23 said:
that a great commercil and a great bike. The guys that need to customize there jap crap have this need to be noticed. Maybe they are not very good looking or maybe they have dough bodies...who knows. After you sink your cash into a shitty after market paint job and chrome, you walk away into the public as the same ugly loser you were trying to hide with your shitty custom jap crap bike.
hahahahah so so bitter .Good thing buell showed up the jap scrap at daytona huh ?

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62756&highlight=buell

the diff between me and you is i would deal with any bike of any model and dont make excuses for any of em ,i dont throw out personal jabs that have nothing to do with the bike ,and i actaully do like the buell and HD stuff ,choppers etc ,I just dont live in the land of make belive and accept what works,and how it works .

as a matter of fact i tried to set something up with trev deely BUell here to build a bike to compete AGAINST japanese customized bikes .so you got my jabs at HD all wrong ,i just have an opinion.take it how you want

oh and when i get back into training ,you'll have no more dougboy jokes ,but harley will stil be an oil cooled antique

L

·
0 Posts
Adam, could you please make gangbanger23 a mod? He is the voice of reason when the discussion goes so far as to say that an attractive actress is better looking than a harley.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
gangbanger23 said:

.........what the hell are you talking about....???

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
.........what the hell are you talking about....???
Yeah. What has "gangbanger23's" statement got to do with my observation that the general marketing of motorcycles portrays women as accessories, whereas this commercial actually has a woman riding a bike. My point is that Harley was smart enough to hire an ad agency which can create an effective marketing tool that represents a growing trend in the industry. I feel a thread hijacking has occurred....

·
Bring on the sun
2,078 Posts
gangbanger23 said:
Shut up fagget! Stay in your own countries forums you fucking homo. Jap crap? Have you not noticed this is a sportbike site? Go home you loser.

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
The guy in the ad could have taken the girl home if he'd just said "yeah, i've always wanted one... maybe i'll buy one like that" instead of "yeah, I just had to have it... etc."

But, the jerk got what he deserved... Pwned by the lady rider. :) Pussy.

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
Own3d...he's going home to his right-hand.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Spike said:
The guy in the ad could have taken the girl home if he'd just said "yeah, i've always wanted one....
It would take a lot more than that, she is out of his league and thats the message that the commercial is sending, "buy a macho Harley and get a step up in women"

I'd like to say this is bullshit but know for a fact that its true. A lot of women go stupid for Harleys and guys that ride em. Yet another nauseating fact of life.

So back to this Vrod = great bike message. My buddies and I pull into a remote gas station coming up to Pt. McNeill and there's a guy with a Vrod fiddling with his exhaust trying to source a rattle (if I had a penny...). We go in pay for gas, drink some pop, stretch, get our gear back on and are about to fire up our bikes when I look over at the Vrod guy just as the entire chrome casing on his muffler falls off onto the ground. No we didn't laugh as we felt sorry for this poor bugger who's gonna have to ride to Pt. McNeill somehow holding his exhaust. However we did add some salt to his wound when my buddy on his VTR with D&D's fired up his bike and reved it up next to him :flip

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
gangbanger23 said:
that (is?) a great commercil(sp) and a great bike. The guys that need to customize there(sp) jap crap have this need to be noticed. Maybe they are not very good looking(apparently owning Harley makes you look good) or maybe they have dough bodies(it is a fact that all Harley owners are buff machines)...who knows. After you sink your cash into a shitty after market paint job and chrome(Harley owners would never do this), you walk away into the public as the same ugly loser you were trying to hide with your shitty custom jap crap bike(straight out of the Harley owner's manual).
As an acquaintance of my put it ever so nicely “Suck-deeze-ballz” dickless redneck POS. You probably don’t even ride, god damn poser. Owning isn’t riding.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
You have no idea how many posts I read that I just wish I could correct as you did above. :D

·
Been there, Wrecked that!
2,213 Posts
Most of Gawd's I bet :p

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
NOrrTH said:
I'd like to say this is bullshit but know for a fact that its true. A lot of women go stupid for Harleys and guys that ride em. Yet another nauseating fact of life.
Might have something to do with the fact that new Harleys cost $30K and new Hondas cost $15K. Or is that just a popular myth? I've never priced out a Harley. (and never will, either).

So back to this Vrod = great bike message.
All joking aside, the Vrod is probably the best Harley made. Mind you, that's like saying that Triumph has the best electrical system of any British bike... :rolleyes

T

·
0 Posts
Has anyone seen the commercial for the Ridley automatic motorcycles? Its a 15 second ad with two women (one blonde and one brunette) cruising down the highway on their automatics. I guess women in Oklahoma can't ride a standard?

(Sorry if this is hijacking...)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts