BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
posted up a while ago, i am interested in taking the firearms course.

i was going to take silvercore, but their classes fill up quick, and my work schedule has been rediculous since christmas. while most of you were preparing for christmas, i was sitting beside a 130 dB air conditioner installing servers. but anyways...

i have been in contact with mike k (recommended by big jim) and he is available to do a course just about any time. he will come to any location to do it, proving there are 2 or more.

it's 10 hours for both restricted and non restricted, and will be $150.

if anyone wants to get a group together and get a class done, let me know. i wanna get this over with, so i can stop bugging j and atom about the cheap ass guns i want to buy.

·
Obi-Wan Newbie
683 Posts
I was going to go to Langley But if this person can conduct the course and is flexible with my schedule then I could be interested. Does that include the application for PAL for both restricted and non restricted firearms???

·
Been there, Wrecked that!
2,219 Posts
So like 1 - 10hr day or split it between 2? I might be interested, I'll watch this thread! :drinkbeer

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tigon, no, your application is separate from the course. it's $80 for the restricted/non restricted application, and $60 for non only

crash, i would assume over 2 days. no way i could stay awake taking a 10 hour class. i can barely stay awake for 10 hours of work.

slam, when can you do it? mike is that flexible. if i call him tomorrow and say there are 4 of us for saturday, he's good to go.

obviously with the bike show this weekend, it's a no go, but the following weekend is perfect for me, as it falls between the bike show and my ct scans to see if i have anything beyond a brain stem.

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
if you're planning Feb.4th, that would be fine.
I basically just need a decent amount of notice, but this week's no good.

so you have to apply before taking the course, right?
where is that and what's the fastest way? ( I have not applied anywhere )

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no, no application for the course. you take the course, write the test, then you make your PAL application.

i will make the arrangements if you are committed to do it. just show up, with cash.

i am probably going to host it at my place, in my back room, as it's rather large.

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
doug said:
...just show up, with cash.

i am probably going to host it at my place, in my back room, as it's rather large.
^ hehe... sounds like a setup to take someone out... permanently. :evil

·
... as in "off my bike?"
397 Posts
So you're thinking over a weekend? Like noon - 5pm Saturday & Sunday or something? I'd be up for it some time in February, if the location is convenient. Where abouts are you?

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Remember it will be 2-3 months before your PAL comes in the mail.

So get your apps sent in ASAP!!!!!

Good to see more interest in the shooting sports.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
slam said:
^ hehe... sounds like a setup to take someone out... permanently. :evil

well, i do have a large back yard, with a compost pile, and a few pre dug holes... :D

fell, i am in burnaby near metrotown.

tony, mike's email is [email protected]

·
2,219 Posts
So it looks like it is $80 to apply for your PAL ($60 if you are only applying for unrestricted)... My question is what costs are involved with registering the firearms you may acquire after receiving your PAL?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CrashTested said:
So it looks like it is $80 to apply for your PAL ($60 if you are only applying for unrestricted)... My question is what costs are involved with registering the firearms you may acquire after receiving your PAL?
my understanding so far, and those with PALs can correct me, is the dealer registers them at the time of purchase, as part of the purchase.

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
I'm in for both restricted and non-restricted.
I'm in the fraser valley so the closer the better.
This weekend is out as I am working at the BCCOM booth at the bike show.
Any weekend after that is good with enough notice.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
most people are ok with the feb 4th weekend, so i am going to ask mike if he can do something then, for at least 6 people. the course will be near metrotown in burnaby

if that is ok for you, pipe up. i will call mike before i leave work today.

claude, maybe you can work with tony and get a valley session going if it's easier for you that way. my back room is huge; we've had several bcsb parties at my place, so space is not a problem at all.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
doug said:
my understanding so far, and those with PALs can correct me, is the dealer registers them at the time of purchase, as part of the purchase.
They are registered to the gun store, you just transfer the registration to your name.

Just a simple phone call.

Restricteds usually take a couple days.

·
2,219 Posts
Hmmm Feb 4th & 5th eh?

:banghead We have some big deadlines the following week and I know I'll be working Saturday most likely Sunday but **fingers crossed** I'll have it off.

So I guess I'll have to opt out for this round. Thanks for the info though :drinkbeer

·
Its always a race
705 Posts
I took the course last month and did it through a guy in langley he was awsome and does both courses in about 8 hours on one day. He is a master instructor and he taught the guys at silvercore and most other guys in BC. He does it out of his house in Langley and he charged us $130 an excellent instructor I would highly recommend him over anyone else. He also has a lot of guns that you get to play with. I have heard that the guy who comes to your house only brings a few and its kinda boring. I will get you guys his number if your intersted!!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts