BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, I'm new to riding. Recently completed training through Pacific riding school, and yesterday I bought my first bike.

2001 kawasaki ninja zx6E sport touring.

Pretty high kms but runs amazing. Plenty of new parts and recent maintenance. Not much for body damage, a few scrapes here and there. Got it for an amazing price!
Unfortunately came plastidipped black, but a day or ripping the bike apart and a thorough cleaning brought the beautiful black mica back to life.

I just wanted to share this with you guys because I'm hoping to meet some other riders and develop another group of friends to socialize with.

Cheers,
Brent.
uploadfromtaptalk1437459548626.jpg

·
Registered
478 Posts
welcome to the party!! look into pitt meadows track days when you have the time. This is my first season riding too and I met tons of great people there!

·
Registered
334 Posts
congrats! Distance riding is very addictive and we live is the perfect starting point for some great rides. Next, you will buy some saddle bags then you will start admiring the big boys in the sport touring market. At least that's what happened to me. Now I have a bike I can ride across the country and still carve the canyons

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the kind words everyone! Glad to be a member. Looking forward to meeting as many of you guys as possible.
cheers!

·
geriatric hooligan
68 Posts
Thanks for the kind words everyone! Glad to be a member. Looking forward to meeting as many of you guys as possible.
cheers!
Congratulations. Good choice.
For me motorcycles are for travelling. ANY bike will do but one that you can afford is about perfect.
If you get out to the Okanagan this summer i will buy you a beer.
Welcome to a lifetime of entertainment.

·
23,536 Posts
Congratulations on the bike! The Ninja 250 is a very good model for a new rider, and should give you plenty of performance to develop your skills on. See you around!
You're right, but: :coffee

"2001 kawasaki ninja zx6E sport touring."

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congratulations. Good choice.
For me motorcycles are for travelling. ANY bike will do but one that you can afford is about perfect.
If you get out to the Okanagan this summer i will buy you a beer.
Welcome to a lifetime of entertainment.
I will take you up on that offer! I frequent Kamloops and Kelowna often in the summer months.

Thanks again everyone. This bike has been great so far! Little on the heavy side of things but all in all just great. Needs some maintenance now though. New tires, brakes, and a fluid job.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congratulations on the bike! The Ninja 250 is a very good model for a new rider, and should give you plenty of performance to develop your skills on. See you around!
Thanks, although it's a ninja zx6e. Which is a sport touring 600. Sporty looks with an upright seating position. has more power than I need but seems quite tame. 84hp/44 ftlbs tq

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
congrats on the bike. as 4.5 put it, the bike you can afford is the best for travelling. and since you posted in the ST section, I presume that's your intention.

for overnighters and longer trips, hard luggage is obviously the best choice, but it's expensive. for starters, I'd suggest getting a good waterproof back-pack or kayaking drybag and just bungy-cording it to the tail of your bike. combine that with a tankbag and you can easily travel for 3 or 4 days if you pack efficiently. here's my rig from 'back in the day' when I first started overnighting: SV650 equipped with a 35L Ortlieb X-Plorer back-pack. superb gear - PVC coated, so dry-bag quality, not just coated nylon...

IMG_1556 (2) by Don Serl, on Flickr

1 - 17 of 17 Posts