BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

First bike...

8K views 41 replies 29 participants last post by  stickman 
I WAS STUPID!!!

Believe it or not, but this is my first bike. I had ridden dirt before, more so just playing around and stuff. A few friends decided to take it to the street. So, I took the Action course and passed with flying colors (scored zero on the road exam). I really didn't know much about bikes technically but had my mind set on the GSX-R750. The badest of the bad at the time.

Let me tell you, the first 6 months riding that thing was crazy. I probably scared the crap out of myself more time than I'd like to remember:eek !!! It was time to grow up and decided that speed wasn't everything. I have now gotten used to it but still don't think it was the best thing for me. I believe that my riding skills would have greatly improved if I were to have started on something alot more tame. I honored my bike and it took care of me.

Over the past 8 months, while studying SBN (Sportbikes.net) I have grown in many ways. I have learn countless things from the people from there and some that are here now in terms of proper motorcycling.

I may be okay now, but you should have seen me a few years ago......squid kid!!!

Do yourself and your family a favour, research your choice before you buy. I bought mine for the wrong reasons but got lucky that it turned out okay:) .

atom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.