BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
WHOOOOSSHHHHHH...
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need to replace my gaskets in my float bowls...are those something i can purchase on their own, or do they always come in carb rebuild kits?

D

·
0 Posts
phantomgti said:
did you phone any of the local shops to ask?
come on, you should know by now that you come here and get 40 pages of opinions on the gaskets, including some saying just reuse the old ones, before even thinking about asking the people you will actually buy them from.

·
A.G.A.T.T.
428 Posts
doug said:
come on, you should know by now that you come here and get 40 pages of opinions on the gaskets, including some saying just reuse the old ones, before even thinking about asking the people you will actually buy them from.
But we need the 40 pages! Page 39 usually contains the information about buying the parts online from a US company and shipping the items back via fedex, ups, usps blah blah and paying the duties and broker fees associated with it!:surrender

D

·
0 Posts
oh yeah. i completely forgot.

oh, page 40 will have the legalities of installing aftermarket parts, and if icbc will cover you on the install should you have an accident or a theft.

the last post of page 40 will start a debate on if installing the gaskets will actually alter your displacement and therefore your insurance premium.

·
WHOOOOSSHHHHHH...
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and pg 1 and 2 will be those people who don't really answer your question but feel the need to post a useless reply and tirade...gotta love this "community" :rolleyes

and for the record, i have attempted to call imperial and left a message...silly me thinking that since this was a sportbike website consisting of riders who may have replaced their own gaskets in the past (god forbid), they may have input that might actually help me...

·
A.G.A.T.T.
428 Posts
CB450 said:
and pg 1 and 2 will be those people who don't really answer your question but feel the need to post a useless reply and tirade...gotta love this "community" :rolleyes

and for the record, i have attempted to call imperial and left a message...silly me thinking that since this was a sportbike website consisting of riders who may have replaced their own gaskets in the past (god forbid), they may have input that might actually help me...
Actually my first post was an honest question cause it looked as though you hadn't called around and just posted a question about the gaskets. The fun with Doug was to increase my non-existent post count.:flashy

so to be helpful.... try calling Burnaby Kawasaki since your are riding a Ninja.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
doug said:
Holy shit...thats the post of the day!!:laughing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts