BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a good idea... Replace one of your footpegs with a disc lock. This way, you can't ride off without replacing the footpeg (and hence, removing the lock), and you always have a place to store it.

Blog review
MCN review
A place to buy one (in the UK)
Manufacturer's Website

Search fodder that might prevent reposts: luma max lock maxlock xmart disc disk lock replace foot peg footpeg

·
Chief Rocka
391 Posts
Pretty cool.. I'd consider it.. If my math is correct, it's $110 CAD..

The commercial is hilarious

·
Newbie Poser Squid
2,709 Posts
Thats an expensive peg if you ever keel over. Does it come with a matching dummy peg for the other side?

L

·
0 Posts
Spike said:
Search fodder that might prevent reposts: luma max lock maxlock xmart disc disk lock replace foot peg footpeg
haha nice, it wont do shit to prevent the "I didnt notice the exact same thing 3 threads down" reposts though.

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bafflebrain said:
Thats an expensive peg if you ever keel over. Does it come with a matching dummy peg for the other side?
Unfortunately not. The company is apparently going to make a dummy peg, but it's not on their site yet.

lockup said:
haha nice, it wont do shit to prevent the "I didnt notice the exact same thing 3 threads down" reposts though.
Well, I did say *might* prevent... :)

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thought this post deserved a bump, since i've seen a couple of posts recently from people who have driven off (or tried to) with their locks in place.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I watched the video, it looked like they were using the old tubular key!! Why not just pick up 1 or 2 of the cords for $5-$6 instead to remind you??

·
Gear Driven Cams
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The video looks like a tubular key, I agree. The manufacturer's website says that it uses a reversible key and a 10-disc lock. That suggests they've changed away from the tubular key.

This way, you don't have a dorky orange cord hanging off your handlebars, maybe?

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
regarding alternative security,
a friend of mine got his bike with a hole drilled through the center stand.
Apparently previous owner used to put a huge padlock through it, so that
1.nobody could take the bike off of center stand if he left it somewhere and
2.he could chain it down in his garage at night.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts