BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://superbikeplanet.com/2006/Mar/060302d.htm
Jeremy Mcwilliams is racing a Buell as well...
How many Buells does it take to win an AMA race? We might just find out.. but probably not.

"It's my first time ever on a banking so it's quite daunting," said McWilliams, who along with Pascal Picotte, Mike Ciccotto and Steve Crevier will race in the 65th Daytona 200 By Honda on Saturday, March 11 aboard Buells. "It's quite different than what I'm use to."

D

·
0 Posts
and for the longest time wsbk was just ducati cup. it was just a matter of which duc was going to take it.

i thought pascal would be riding a yamaha though. his team, which includes steve, will ride the buell.

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought Yamaha vetoed Pascal riding the Buell, apparently not.

D

·
0 Posts
yeah, i heard that yamaha said he couldn't ride buell due to his contract.

steve always says "steve has to look after steve", so he'll ride anything with wheels that makes bang bang noises.

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
superbike should be the 200. nuff said.
+1 Gotta agree with you on that one Doug!

Things change, but this one still doesn't feel right.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Jaybo said:
+1 Gotta agree with you on that one Doug!

Things change, but this one still doesn't feel right.
This year's Daytona 200 is shaping up to be deja-vu of the 1994 Indy 500. The American Buells, with engines 339cc over the maximum allowable size for AMA Superbike, will be racing against Japanese bikes that are 300cc below the minimum size for Superbike.
Sums it up pretty good right there.

D

·
0 Posts
the daytona 200 being the fx class is like the indy 500 being run with f440 cars, or the daytona 500 being run with your mom's camry... er.. nevermind.

ama racing's pinnacle event should showcase its pinnacle series. it's the american way. 15 laps of superbike racing is weak.

F

·
0 Posts
cant wait to watch ,they are gonna bury themsleves ,and even if they win ,,what diff does it make ,they are basically cheating ,or at least bending the rules big time to try and compete.If they stick to racing themsleves against each other ,they will stil be the fastest on the track .

kinda like a woman fire fighter who doesnt have to lift the same weight or be the same size to get the job the man has to complete to its highest level .
its cool that more manuf are there but come on,if you cant compete at least remotely close to whats already there ,why bother ?

triumph,agusta ,petronas , so many others could take the spot to add to the mix .

·
Registered
819 Posts
As if there's going to be some great rush to but those overpriced tanks if they managed to win anyhow. 34K US for a Buell? Good luck!

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
I hope they win, it goes to court, and all the Buells get disqualified and pull out, and Yamaha pulls out in disgust, and FX turns into a cool class again.

·
Ride Solo
4,214 Posts
This year's Daytona 200 is shaping up to be deja-vu of the 1994 Indy 500. The American Buells, with engines 339cc over the maximum allowable size for AMA Superbike, will be racing against Japanese bikes that are 300cc below the minimum size for Superbike.
mikeelliot said:
Sums it up pretty good right there.
I'm not sure why the Buell issue has so many people upset. Are they worried that the Buells might actually win? Obviously an air-cooled OHV motor needs a displacement advantage over a water-cooled I4 600cc superbike to produce competetive racing. Is the advantage too great? Time will tell if the formula for displacement and engine configuration produces bikes with similar capabilities, but I like the idea of seeing different types of bikes racing together.

·
One more time eh?
1,026 Posts
mikeelliot said:
I hope they win, it goes to court, and all the Buells get disqualified and pull out, and Yamaha pulls out in disgust, and FX turns into a cool class again.
FX a cool class? only if you think watching two honda's run off with it every race is cool.

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
GSP I agree that in order to be competitive air cooled engines need more displacement as well I agree that the racing is best when there is a full field with a range of bikes and engine configurations..
I just think that only real issue here is how the xbrr was ruled legal. anyways It's of course a moot point since it was.

·
Necessary Evil
464 Posts
Rooster said:
As if there's going to be some great rush to but those overpriced tanks if they managed to win anyhow. 34K US for a Buell? Good luck!
They sold out in a week. I guess they did have good luck.

D

·
0 Posts
racer62 said:
They sold out in a week. I guess they did have good luck.

anything will sell out when it is a limited (50) production run. and they were sold to dealers, not to the public. the intent was specifically for dealer backed race teams, nothing more.

F

·
0 Posts
GSP said:
I'm not sure why the Buell issue has so many people upset. Are they worried that the Buells might actually win? Obviously an air-cooled OHV motor needs a displacement advantage over a water-cooled I4 600cc superbike to produce competetive racing. Is the advantage too great? Time will tell if the formula for displacement and engine configuration produces bikes with similar capabilities, but I like the idea of seeing different types of bikes racing together.
come on man ,its 600cc's larger ,,how is that even something good to advertise ? not that its cheating or advantage or it will win ,,and no one is making news out of it by winning ,,cuz it just wont .The prob is its just silly that in order to even be competitive the rules need to be bent waaaaaaay out proportion and why bother ? why not get into the actual market and make something that wil compete without the rule change ? like i said if it was like 50cc's more ,or 100 or 200 or 300 or 400 or 500 ahahahahahahahahah wow what a weird thing to even be proud of

1 - 20 of 26 Posts