BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
G

·
i can't watch that drivel. fuck they should come up with an original way to report a story instead of the cookie cutter bullshit with the monotone wisecracks. fuck i hope terrorists start targeting news outlets and the media. i'd fuckin cheer if osama started blowing up fox syndicates across the states.

·
User And Abuser
3,917 Posts
we are terrorists...we should all be hung!

I am gonna go out on a limb here....I agree with the criticsm of this this story, in that it says "some" bikers. unfortunatly these bikers are gonna be the end for sportbikes, and the end of themselves as well. I dont know how I would feel if I came around a blind corner in my truck, and had one of you all goin under my front wheels. It would most definitly fuck me up for life! Anyway, I am not sure what I want my point to be here, so I will just end it here and say....ride safe

·
Not wearing pants.
3,387 Posts
The sportbikes are coming! The sportbikes are coming!

Where's part 2? I wanna see the speeds they clocked...

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
i can't watch that drivel. fuck they should come up with an original way to report a story instead of the cookie cutter bullshit with the monotone wisecracks. fuck i hope terrorists start targeting news outlets and the media. i'd fuckin cheer if osama started blowing up fox syndicates across the states.
What if Ossama started terrorizing Fox syndicates on a sport bike? Huh? Huh? Pulling wheelies on double yellow lines at 150mph yelling "ALAH AKBAR!!!".

Then we'll see what happens.

·
Mortgage Pimp
9,195 Posts
At first, I was thinking "oh God, not this shit again". But after getting to the end of the video, you've got to sympathize with them, that's some pretty stupid shit those bikes are pulling.

Know the time and place to speed, that road is definitely not it.

Sorry guys, I'm going to have to side with Fox... their biased reporting aside, they're right.

G

·
At first, I was thinking "oh God, not this shit again". But after getting to the end of the video, you've got to sympathize with them, that's some pretty stupid shit those bikes are pulling.

Sorry guys, I'm going to have to side with Fox... their biased reporting aside, they're right.

blasphemy.

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
...I agree with the criticsm of this this story, in that it says "some" bikers... I dont know how I would feel if I came around a blind corner in my truck, and had one of you all goin under my front wheels. It would most definitly fuck me up for life! ...
Some time ago (1985?) just north of Whistler -in the same spot- a trucker had a couple bikes crash head-on into his rigg over the period of 1 summer. The riders died in both incidents. He went on stress-leave after the 2nd incident... and shot himself.

·
Still defying gravity...
2,853 Posts
Wow... we have such a good reputation!
In some distant parallel universe, you could substitute Fox for Global or CTV, their 'loop' for the S2S - add citizens reporting riders on the S2S for passing on double yellow among other things, with one certain Squamish RCMP officer who admonishes riders that, if I can quote him directly, "the S2S is not your god damn personal race track"...

of course with the current construction, 150 mph is pure fiction :rolleyes

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Is this really Fox News? Throughout this report, they actually stressed that "most" riders ride safely and that it was only a "very few" that were creating the problems.

Good point, ridenrain... it looks like an enforcement issue.

G

·
how fast did they say ? was it hun miles an hour ? i think i missed it ,,was it hun miles an hour ? i think it was 100 mile an hour .Pretty sure they said HUN MILES AN HUR.
which i belive translates into one hundred miles an hour .

did anyone catch how fast ? was it ......

nice split frame on the BRAND new GIX ,good job .Scare yourself ,leave some old lady and her kids out of the equation if possible

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Some time ago (1985?) just north of Whistler -in the same spot- a trucker had a couple bikes crash head-on into his rigg over the period of 1 summer. The riders died in both incidents. He went on stress-leave after the 2nd incident... and shot himself.
terrible story...

PART DEUX

·
Registered
565 Posts

+1. We're definitely not going to make it easier on ourselves by pissing off the other road users. I'm all for fast riding, but not when it endangers other road users.

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
It is actually a fairly balanced news report. They state several times it is a minority of riders causing the problem and even the sheriff was level headed about the issue.

Anyone here who says they haven't done those exact same things the talking heads are complaining about (myself included) is full-o-crap.

We all have done it and will most likely do it again. The way to avoid the bad publicity is knowing when and where to pull the trigger. We have to make our own decisions about when and where is the proper place to play silly bugger, you had just better be prepared to deal with the consequences; whether it is a ticket, an impounded bike or major hospital time.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts